More problems at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
This is something minor but if someone could let me know exactly what the rules are for admittance to Brookvale Park I would be grateful.

I tried to enter the Pittwater Road entrance by the hill and was told that it was illegal to bring soft drinks into the ground. I had an unopened bottle of Pepsi Max.

Can only Coke Zero be allowed as they are sponsors? I just couldn't be bothered lining up for 20 mins to get a drink and find it a bit harsh that drinks are not allowed. They were even confiscating Maccas from people.

Anybody know? Thanks.

I think they franchise the food stands so in order to keep their contractual agreements they can exclude bringing drinks in.

Drae has special dietry requirements so we bring stuff in for him. One of the guys tried to argue with us but we pointed out the fact that he was taking candy from a baby and he backed down.

After over 30 years of attending games at Brookvale my dad has decided to not attend games anymore for the following reasons

1) the over enthusiastic security guards man handling teenagers and children and removing the family atmosphere that brookie use to be famous for

2) the over zealousness of the club in not allowing food etc to be brought into the club.

My dad is ashamed of the club and its current attitude and administration, they are losing an avid and good supporter in him and it looks like he may just turn his back on the game completely all because of how Manly handle things.

THe whole situation is a joke. You can't pre-buy tickets for mates, and hand them through the fence without being questioned and interigated. You have to fight to bring food in for a child who has special requirements (he can not eat ANYTHING from the ground because it contains preservatives, flavour and colour) and there are security guards with Attack dogs patrolling the perimeter.

Do we really need friggin security with dogs. I get the feeling I am in a german prison camp everytime i enter that ground now

but too little security and things get out of hand as well - i think they are worried due to recent events at dogs games and are using the better safe than sorry approach.

The only way this may change is if people express these views to the club as with 18K there they will think its all going well.

The only time that they will need that sort of security with guard dogs etc is in round 25 when the dogs play at Brookie.

I can understand the no Maccas rule and I dont have a problem with it. However the drink rule is pretty harsh imo. From my understanding you can take in food as long as it is prepared at home and not purchased at another takeaway outlet.

I have not seen the security be heavy handed but it does not surprise me one bit, those guys generally like to abuse their power. Although I bet the kids are probably being smart ar$es like they always are today which would not help things.

We were allowed to bring in a bottle of Fanta for the Raiders game, so I'm not sure if the rules have changed since then or security didn't notice the bottle at the bottom of the bag!

We always come in the score board end of the ground and always bring in cans of soft drink. We have them in a backpack which security checks each time but not very carefully. I asked them once and the guy said they were more concerned with weapons than alcohol etc. I think it depends a bit on how shady you look.

Just don't make it obvious and you won't have a problem.

Why dont u support the dogs ,u can take in stanley knives ,flares ,c4 ,suicide belts & also rape tape..

Some times it amazes me that you give a bloke a bit of power (security gaurds) and they just get carried away, they need to be told sometimes that what if it was them trying to get in how would they feel about the treatment

Some times it amazes me that you give a bloke a bit of power (security gaurds) and they just get carried away, they need to be told sometimes that what if it was them trying to get in how would they feel about the treatment

This is how they'd feel: Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4