More on Steve Turner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its in the news quite a bit up here and I find it quite interesting. I've never seen such a tug of war over a player under contract. I say contract because Steve Turner has asked for a compassionate release from the Titans. Which strikes me as a man who knows he has entered into an agreement. Why would he ask for a release if he hadn't completed his signing?

Also, it turnes out he has been recieving wages from the Titans since the begining of November. Of course that hasn't been a problem... until the titans issued him with a series of fines for missing training sesions. Now he has a problem.

If you ask me Steve is showing up to be quite a brat. I think if he doesn't play for the Titans he should be de-registered from the NRL for the length of his contract with the Titans. If he gets away with this I can see it happening everywhere.
for a player that wouldnt play 1st grade at all at a lot of clubs

Ryan, I don't watch the commercial news channels who have chosen to completely ignore the UN report which came up with the 650,000 figure.

Ryan, if you don't think there is a gross inequality in global development and institutionalised exploitation then you are kidding yourself!

I'm not arguing with the fact that there is gross inequality in global development. Instead of laying the blame on a country that has seen itself become the world leader in science, economy, industry etc etc, there needs to be a good hard look at how each country is run within, and that includes corruption, racism, exploitation (like you say) and other various innapropriate behaviours. Countries that blame America and other prosperous countries for their own inadequacies are full of politicians that need excuses to take the heat away from their own mis management in their own backyard. Look at where you have come from for a perfect example mate.

How DARE America prosper when Iraq hasn't. What an injustice !

Based on this hypothesis, Australia had better have itself a civil war very soon, or WE may be blamed for a terrorist action that may occur in Bali !

Where would you choose to live if given two choices Andrew.
Iraq, or America?

How has America become a leader? By becoming the greatest exploiter.

They bought it on themselves.

Mata - whilst I can see what you are hinting at this is bad as Sheik Hillaly saying that women deserve to be raped because they dress seductively.

What was done on the Twin Towers can be explained but it was an evil act. Bush and his cynical exercise in Iraq is also wrong and misguided but to say that the wealth of the USA brought on terrorism is a gross oversimplification and understates a whole lot of other factors.

If some deluded terrorist, thinking that a bomb on innocent people will get him a short cut to paradise and a bevy of virgins for his pleasure by doing so in Australia, does that mean that 'we' brought it on ourselves.

The Man was trying to curry favour with his supposed 'muslim' fellow travellers but that is another story.

Mata - whilst I can see what you are hinting at this is bad as Sheik Hillaly saying that women deserve to be raped because they dress seductively.

What was done on the Twin Towers can be explained but it was an evil act. Bush and his cynical exercise in Iraq is also wrong and misguided but to say that the wealth of the USA brought on terrorism is a gross oversimplification and understates a whole lot of other factors.

If some deluded terrorist, thinking that a bomb on innocent people will get him a short cut to paradise and a bevy of virgins for his pleasure by doing so in Australia, does that mean that 'we' brought it on ourselves.

The Man was trying to curry favour with his supposed 'muslim' fellow travellers but that is another story.

:clap: :clap:

If he was so proud of what he said Mata - he also apologised after the fact.

He either doesn't have the courage of his convictions, or he is using that line to pull votes.

He only apologised that he said it so soon after the attacks.

CW, I would contend that your are taking a simplistic sectarian approach to the issue.

Women parading in bikinis are not doing so at the expense of the male that rapes them.

I for one am glad that Mata is not running the Free World. Imagine a world where renegade totalitarian/autocratic regimes are free to exploit their own people by starving them to death and preventing equality amongst its civilians, in order to build up it's own stockpile of weapons and increase it's power, and to do so without any pressure from the outside world. Are you seriously trying to compare 9/11 to the deaths of the Iraqis since the American invasion? The Iraqis are dying at their own hands, as the Shiites and Sunnis (two intellects of Islam with minimal differences) go to war on eachother. And this is America's fault? I was very pleased when Saddam was toppled - I don't give two hoots whether he was building up his nuclear arsenal or not - the guy was a murderer and a dictator, and was likely to do anything crazy at the drop of a hat. So what that the Americans can profit out of this? - better than the Iranians, etc. I suppose you are one of those who don't believe we should be in Iraq simply because it is thousands of miles away? Hmm...was that a good reason for the Americans not to enter WWII? Or Kuwait? I didn't think so.

Mugabe has killed more of his population than Hussain did. Why is the USA not invading Zimbabwe?

Not enough Halyburton investment I suppose.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4