More NON Brooky Funding Approved.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20120

NSW Government delivers stadium funding

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally has today announced funding grants for WIN Jubilee Oval at Kogarah, and Belmore Sports Ground.

WIN JUBILEE OVAL
WIN Jubilee Oval at Kogarah – the home ground of the 2010 NRL Premiers the St George Illawarra Dragons – will be given a $13 million funding boost from the NSW Government.

The funding will go towards a range of new facilities including a northern grandstand with 1,372 undercover seats, toilet and concession facilities, new change rooms for first grade and Under 20s players, new corporate area and boxes, and a new museum and merchandise outlet.

BELMORE SPORTS GROUND
Meanwhile, the NSW Government will also invest $2.5 million for the upgrade of Belmore Sports Ground to provide the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs with a permanent training base.

The funding from the NSW Government will go towards the completion of Stage 1 of the $8.4 million Belmore Project, and is set to include permanent training facilities for the Bulldogs, upgraded change rooms and amenities, conversion of old office and function rooms into multi-purpose facilities for community use, new ticket offices and entry gates, an upgrade of Peter Moore playing fields, and general works to the roof, fencing, and lighting.

The Federal Government and Canterbury City Council have contributed a combined $5.9 million for the project.

and to add to that Leichhardt Council are voting on giving the L oval another $2m, hasn't been passed through yet but most probably will, they are arguing that once the upgrades have been made it will get used for 12 games a year instead of just 3

NSW Goverment has recently chipped in what 10Mill at Brooky, Its mroe about trying to get funding from federal level now which wont happen for a long long time, or atleast untill the next election

The problem is that even if they give us money it ends up in that black hole that is Warringah Council...

deadlyeagle link said:
NSW Goverment has recently chipped in what 10Mill at Brooky, Its mroe about trying to get funding from federal level now which wont happen for a long long time, or atleast untill the next election

Local Coucil 4 million
State Govt. 6 million
Fed Govt. 0 million

It would be interesting to know how much government funding Kogarah has received in recent years. 

If it wasnt for all the liberal till death assclowns living in the north shore maybe something would get done

Shane link said:
If it wasnt for all the liberal till death assclowns living in the north shore maybe something would get done

North Shore is nothing to do with it. It's the assclowns on the Northern Beaches that are the problem. Don't label us the same as Bears fans, they're from the North Shore.

A bit of Mosman is in Warringah but the Beaches is full of assclowns totally in its own right.

This is a pet hate of mine this topic, but for the different reason to everyone else as I understand the reason for when grounds get upgrades. Obviously like everyone else I love to see Brooky get the cash it needs of course.

Although in this case with Kogarah it seems strange given they just had some.

But Belmore I can understand, its not just used for the Dogs training ground Sydney Olympic play there. And yes only in the state league but I'm all support of football getting help.

Duff link said:
A bit of Mosman is in Warringah but the Beaches is full of assclowns totally in its own right.
Just look at the Federal members for evidence of that. Fortunately State Govt members are a lot better in Baird and Stokes.

I get the feeling the Eags have Baird's ear.... I don't mind our chances should he get in.

And any promise made by KK isn't one I'd want to be banking on, as has already been pointed out she's not going to be in the job in four months so you can't be sure the cash is gonna still be on the cards by round one next year...

Kogarah has now had $25m in funding from both governments plus $30m for a new eastern grandstand for Wollongong.  $55m for one club's grounds yet we get $6m.

Fuyckin arseclowns on the northern beaches

We won't get anything Federally as Tony didn't get in this time...State we might get something more that the 6 million but Mike Baird and Farry O'Barrell need to win first...It has nothing to do with assclowns on the Northern Beaches as the Shire has received a lot of upgrades and that is a safe Liberal area. In addition, Kogarah and Woollongong sit in safe Labor seats.

KK is getting desperate. That is why she is putting money in. Basically they are in safe Labor seats that look like they are going to fall to the Liberals at the next state election so she is trying to save up her votes. Also, it doesn't help being in a safe Liberal seat when both governments are Labor.

Now, you will say we got nothing under Howard but remember, he is a Dragons man and couldn't give a **** about us. We need people in power from this area and that is what we COULD have had if Tony had won, or what we can have if the Libs win in March.

Assclowns on the Northern Beaches? More like the assclowns in NSW that have kept this state Labor Government in for so long.

Jono, this State Labour Gov. has been in power for so long because the Libs have been even worse.

They should have been punted long ago but there was nothing to replace them with

Jono link said:
We won't get anything Federally as Tony didn't get in this time...State we might get something more that the 6 million but Mike Baird and Farry O'Barrell need to win first...It has nothing to do with assclowns on the Northern Beaches as the Shire has received a lot of upgrades and that is a safe Liberal area. In addition, Kogarah and Woollongong sit in safe Labor seats.

KK is getting desperate. That is why she is putting money in. Basically they are in safe Labor seats that look like they are going to fall to the Liberals at the next state election so she is trying to save up her votes. Also, it doesn't help being in a safe Liberal seat when both governments are Labor.

Now, you will say we got nothing under Howard but remember, he is a Dragons man and couldn't give a s**t about us. We need people in power from this area and that is what we COULD have had if Tony had won, or what we can have if the Libs win in March.

Assclowns on the Northern Beaches? More like the assclowns in NSW that have kept this state Labor Government in for so long.

It doesn't matter if labor or liberal are governing, whether it's state or federal. It's a safe liberal seat. If it were a marginal seat we'd have one of the best stadiums in the nrl.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4