More Bull**** from Judiciary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Jack Afmasaga Sea Eagles
Grade 1 Contrary Conduct
Early Plea 93 points
Matches if Early Guilty Plea 0

Ian Donnelly Titans
Grade 1 Contrary Conduct
Early Plea 140 points
Matches if Early Guilty Plea 1

Nathan Friend Titans
Grade 3 High Tackle Careless
Early Plea 131 points
Matches if Early Guilty Plea 1

Jerome Ropate Warriors
Grade 1 Dangerous Throw
Early Plea 93 points
Matches if Early Guilty Plea 0
--------------------------------

I can't agree with Afamasaga and Donnelly being singled out for grapple, when every game you see about 50 of the bloody things

I can't agree with Afamasaga and Donnelly being singled out for grapple, when every game you see about 50 of the bloody things

Agree KE.

I would also add that the charge in itself is bull****. Contrary conduct ? What type of all encompassing offence is that? The player is making a tackle, so what is so contrary about playing the actual game ?

If its a dangerous tackle then the charge should state it. Just like an intentional/ reckless/careless high tackle or some other offence, such as striking or kicking or tripping etc etc!

Danny Bedsarus got pinged for a grapple last monday night, but does he get charged. When will they learn that its these inconsistancies that are the biggest blight on the game.

Contrary conduct is so broad it could apply to anything that draws a penalty - eg throwing a ball away to slow play down etc etc etc.

Did that clown of a ref get a contrary conduct charge for sending Wade McKinnon off?

how bad was that decision by simpkins to send McKinnon off, talk about getting his knickers in a twist. Simpkins had it in for McKinnon for about the last 15 minutes of that game and just found an opportunity to get rid of him.

Just to take it off topic a little.

Does anyone else agree and believe that Belamy coaches niggle.

All those blokes are just so good and do the same thing in every tackle and get away with it.

I reckon he coaches how to hold down and get away with it, niggle and grapple.

As Melbourne are the News team in a far out post, they get every little advantage. Melbourne are the wrestlers team but when did they get pinged for it.

Just so we all know, Afa took the early guilty plea (free to play this week), but Donnelly is fighting the charge (hearing tomorrow night).

To be honest, I hope Donnelly gets off and I wish Afa had fought it, it's a bullsh*t charge only brought on because of Melbourne's dirty tactics against Souths a few weeks back.

Donnelly's defence should just be him showing his 'grapple' and the 20 grapple's that Melbourne got away with (without even being penalised) against Souths.

Donnelly's defence should just be him showing his 'grapple' and the 20 grapple's that Melbourne got away with (without even being penalised) against Souths.
Exactly right willstyles.

Good on Donnelly for contesting the charge, gotta say i'm with you and am surprised Jack didn't defend his charge for the same reason.

Maybe Jack did grapple, so what? He got penalized for it and the game flowed. Is it that every penalty from now on will be looked at with a view to 'contrary conduct' and judicial points alloted accordingly. He was penalized, the opponent got up and played on, no dramas. IMO the baltant use of foul play should end up with the judiciary, not a review of every penalty given in each match. Don't these people have enough to do?

BTW, Donnelly escaped his charge. Titans have now been charged 7 times and escaped 7 times apparently

We should have contested it i think, don't know when those points may come back to bite you

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4