More Bronco's Trouble FURIOUS Brisbane Broncos officials have fined young forward Neville Costigan $5000 and haven't ruled out tearing up his contract after he was charged with drink-driving. And exasperated chief executive Bruno Cullen last night read the riot act to his players, putting the entire squad on notice after a series of alcohol-related incidents. The drama could not have come at a worse time for the club as it battles through a form slump and struggles to stay in touch with the NRL competition leaders. And the off-field trouble has jeopardised the club's seven-figure sponsorship deal with Queensland Transport. Costigan is set to be axed from the team to play premiership favourites Melbourne Storm at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday and if he is retained by the club it is likely he will be required to speak to school children about the dangers of drink-driving. The Costigan incident comes while the Broncos are still waiting for the outcome of police investigations into an incident involving dumped halfback Brett Seymour at the Regatta Hotel in Brisbane 10 days ago. Costigan had been out with friends for a steak and beers on Monday night. When breathalysed later that night, police allege he registered a blood alcohol reading of 0.13, close to three times the legal limit. He is due in court later this month. Cullen was furious that Costigan did not tell club officials he had been charged. "We're very disappointed (Costigan) didn't come forward and tell us before it got out there and we heard second-hand," Cullen said. "He's been fined $5000 immediately but we're also going to look at whether we consider more action should be taken. "We'll look at whether the $5000 fine is big enough right through to whether this is the sort of thing we want to keep putting up with and his future with the club. "We had an issue last week and we're just wondering whether these guys are actually getting the message or not. "If they're not, then we want to look at what we need to do for them to get the message." The Queensland Opposition last night called on Queensland Transport to review its $1 million sponsorship of the Brisbane Broncos in the wake of the incident to ensure it was getting value for money. Nationals transport spokeswoman Fiona Simpson said many children looked up to the players and could be influenced by their actions so they needed to ensure they acted responsibly. But Transport Minister Paul Lucas said the contract was with the club, not an individual player. "I can't comment on a matter that is going before the courts," he said. "(But) I note the Broncos have announced they have fined a player in relation to a matter, indicating their own view on the issue." Papua New Guinea born Costigan was on Queensland State of Origin coach Mal Meninga's shortlist this year but injuries ruled him out of contention and last Sunday's match against the Raiders was just his seventh this year. One of the hardest hitting forwards in the NRL he was seen as a key weapon against the Storm but it is unlikely Broncos coach Wayne Bennett will let that influence him when he meets with officials and senior players today to discuss Costigan's future. Bennett, who could not be contacted yesterday, was due back in Brisbane last night from his property near Warwick.