More blatant South Sydney selfishness

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
The Bunnies seriously want the Tigers to give up their home ground advantage in such a tight game so that their fans can experience their clubs fight back. This club has friggin lost it's marbles.

TELSTRA Stadium officials last night accused Wests Tigers of narrow-mindedness for refusing to transfer Sunday's much-anticipated blockbuster against South Sydney from suburban Leichhardt Oval.

A crowd of 40,000 would reasonably be expected to watch two of Sydney's oldest rivals engage in a winner-takes-all battle for a finals spot.

But Tigers boss Steve Noyce last night insisted the game must be kept at Leichhardt - effectively locking out up to 20,000 extra fans worth an estimated $250,000 in gatetakings for the joint venture.

His decision has caused a major wedge between both sets of supporters, with Souths rival Shane Richardson bemoaning the fact thousands of Rabbitohs supporters will be unable to watch their resurgent team vie for a finals spot for the first time in 18 years.

Telstra Stadium CEO Ken Edwards said it would be "a real shame'' if the game was not moved to a bigger venue.

"It's ultimately about making decisions in the best interests of the fans and the game - instead of what suits the narrow interests of one club,'' Edwards said. But Tigers greats hit back, with former hooker Benny Elias slamming the critics.

"We are not going to sell out on Leichhardt. There's no way in the world we will be changing the game,'' he said.

"I could never see our club giving up its home ground advantage to South Sydney.''

Hey Ken............stick your narrow self interested opinion that suits one sporting venue up your arse. And dont even contemplate suggesting that crap to Manly. What a dickhead !

There is a bigger picture to this issue too. Leichhardt only gets a few home games per year with the Tigpies playing out of Campbelltown and Telstra for their home games. A significant proportion of the Tigers fraternity would have booked this game on that basis long ago. Why should their fans suffer based on what suits Souths?

Telstra are acting in self interest and it is surely only a coincidence that it is the Homebush Hare's home ground?

Absolutely, its a piss poor attempt by the Bunnies. Leichardt is one the hardest places to win at when their supporters fire up. As if the Tigers would give that advantage away.

he is the stadium manager, its his job to try to get games there, cant knock him for doing his job.

Souths however can get stuffed,

he is the stadium manager, its his job to try to get games there, cant knock him for doing his job.

I can. Its an issue for the West Tigers management & certainly not an issue that requires him to be a third party antagonist making divisive public statements.

If the issue was about Brookie we would all be screaming for his head on a platter.

No we would be seeing it for what it is. Someone trying to drum up business for themselves.

Or at least most of us would.

If it was just Richardson then i would agree 100%

His decision has caused a major wedge between both sets of supporters, with Souths rival Shane Richardson bemoaning the fact thousands of Rabbitohs supporters will be unable to watch their resurgent team vie for a finals spot for the first time in 18 years.

No we would be seeing it for what it is. Someone trying to drum up business for themselves.

Or at least most of us would.

He can make the approach to the Wests Tigers to drum up business. Its not his place to be speaking out in the press and making judgements on what is in the best interests of the game and how a particular club should make their decisions.

Im rock solid on this issue. The fool is out of line and should pull his head in.

I'm glad to see you ae "rock solid" on this Jatz, not that that means a pinch of poop in the grand scheme of things

I'm glad to see you ae \"rock solid\" on this Jatz, not that that means a pinch of poop in the grand scheme of things

We all were aware you dont like Souths. Didnt know you had such a fetish for Ken Edwards though.

In your words, Ken can get stuffed because it sure isnt up to him.

But I notice you get bent out of shape when someone doesnt bend to your opinions. Which by the way mean **** all to anyone in anyones language.

Jatz, that is far from the case, I dont give 2 ****s if anyone agrees with me or not.

obviously the concept of approaching something from a rational point of view is beyond you.

and before you get up in arms, I was not attacking you in my previous post, I was making the point that your view really doesnt matter much as regards this issue, nor does mine or anyone elses really.

I am quite rational and the concept is well known to me thanks.

If you cant see the following of yours as an attack/insult/jibe/dig/whatever
"I'm glad to see you are "rock solid" on this Jatz, not that that means a pinch of poop in the grand scheme of things"
then deadset i will gift you the book How to Win Friends & Influence People.

How old are you Jatz.

I will give a serve to anyone who takes themselves too seriously, I dont care who it is.

And that sort of pomposity that you displayed there is exactly what I love in a lot of posters on here. Plenty of ammunition to work with.

Lighten up FFS, or maybe grow up would be more relevant

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4