Monday bloody Monday.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cava2323

Reserve Grader
4 out of out next 5 matches on a Monday!! Seriously?!?! Who are the monkeys that come up with this draw and even worse sign off on it? One Sunday arvo at brooky in the mix. Could be a blessing in disguise, regular 7 day turn arounds, ala Broncos. Time will tell..

Must say sucks for you Manly fans to have so many Monday night games especially the ones V the Roosters as the last one although on a Monday night was a cracker, even though the Eels are traveling will crap old rivals nearly always put on a good show.

Monday in Campbelltown must take the Daly M for 'Scheduling F*@ck Up' in 2013 :mad:

Why can't Manly play in Cairns or any other warm, sunny place in winter months :huh:

The bigger question is how did the draw end up like this when the nrl were supposed to have used some overseas expert company to come up with the optimum draw. All you can assume is that this company were given a big range of stipulations which threw a fair draw out of the window. Can't see the point of paying anyone to come up with a fair draw until the nrl take control of the scheduling away from the tv stations

Part of the issue is that everyone, including myself wanted the draw released a long way ahead of time.

Which is a good thing, however it leads to situations like this.

What should happen is they should throw in a stipulation that all teams have an even distribution of Monday games.

The problem is that we rate very well on TV for Monday games, the sites hits on Monday nights is testament to this. We go up significantly in pageviews and hits on Monday night games

manlyfan76 said:
MNF = Dan's fault

bastard.

:)

haha I wish I had that sort of sway, but it is nice to login sometimes and see 400 people online chatting about or reading the posts about the game

It's a bloody joke how come we always get the raw end of the deal?
And the thing that sucks the most is that we don't have a great record on Monday nights.

Last time we had 7 games on Monday Nights was 2011 so it might be a case of history repeating... That's the only positive i can draw from it

SeaEagle21 said:
Last time we had 7 games on Monday Nights was 2011 so it might be a case of history repeating... That's the only positive i can draw from it

As long as we get given this year the 8pm time slot for October 6th it will be worth it :)

I am probably the only person that likes having all these Monday night games. I can attend most of them compared to say Friday nights.

We are not the only ones to cop a rubbish draw, there are a few others. The more important point is a select amount of teams get very a favourable draw and all the other teams have to suffer for that. Certain teams get sponsors galore and a nice regular playing schedule. You can only hope it comes round to bite them in the finals when they do not have the luxury of games schedule around their needs and wants

Monday nights aren't too bad, unless we lose. Tuesday mornings suck big time, unless we win. Manly haters sh*t me all week long!

Dan said:
Part of the issue is that everyone, including myself wanted the draw released a long way ahead of time.

I don't see how anything has really changed because of locking in the schedule.

Eagles, Warriors, Raiders and Storm still rarely get games on 9 while they have Broncos and South's almost every week with their sponsors getting all the exposure.

At least the Broncos have had a few Monday games this year.

Brookie Brawler said:
Dan said:

I don't see how anything has really changed because of locking in the schedule.

Eagles, Warriors, Raiders and Storm still rarely get games on 9 while they have Broncos and South's almost every week with their sponsors getting all the exposure.

At least the Broncos have had a few Monday games this year.

Just a matter of predicting which teams will be better to watch at the start of the year vs 5 weeks in advance

cava2323 said:
4 out of out next 5 matches on a Monday!! Seriously?!?! Who are the monkeys that come up with this draw and even worse sign off on it? One Sunday arvo at brooky in the mix. Could be a blessing in disguise, regular 7 day turn arounds, ala Broncos. Time will tell..

the regular 7 day turnarounds seem fine............until you also realise that the team we will be facing will have had an 8 day+ turnaround. THAT is the difference between Mondays and Fridays - the Broncos, with the number of Friday night games that have gotten in the past, could NEVER play a team off a longer break (other than after byes)...........and their fans actually believe that didn't give them an advantage ON the field too.

What we also seem to forget is this....only 2 of those Monday night games are our home games.The Scum game,v the rorters,v the cowgirls,v the tiggers,are all away games....not a lot we can do about that!!We all wanted the draw in advance,and Im happy .At least we know when we're playing,and can make arrangements.

Didn't the NRL come up with a game schedule at the beginning of the year and Ch9 rejected it because they were paying the big dollars for the game and then told the NRL what games that they wanted to broadcast so the NRL had to go and do some reshuffling of games to suit their broadcasting?

Jethro said:
Didn't the NRL come up with a game schedule at the beginning of the year and Ch9 rejected it because they were paying the big dollars for the game and then told the NRL what games that they wanted to broadcast so the NRL had to go and do some reshuffling of games to suit their broadcasting?

sounds about right, can't think of any other logic behind the draw

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4