Monas to Tigers?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Garts

First Grader
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=63882

saw this posted on the Manly Gang

The Tigers reportedly want former international backrower Luke Ricketson to come out of rugby league retirement - the Castleford Tigers, that is.

New Castleford coach Terry Matterson has told The Yorkshire Evening Post newspaper that Ricketson - who retired after the 2005 NRL season - was on a shopping list along with current NRL halves Adam Dykes and Michael Monaghan.

Matterson dismissed rumours that Canberra veteran Jason Smith and North Queensland skipper Travis Norton were in his sights.

But he reportedly wants Ricketson who will not fill one of the newly promoted Super League club's three overseas quota spots due to his Irish heritage.

The Australian coach has already signed Queensland Origin forward Danny Nutley and ex-Dragons backrower Willie Manu for the 2006 season.

"We've still got a lot of work to do with tidying up the squad and that's ongoing," Matterson said.

"There's no good news at present but we're not far away. The deals are all heading in the right direction.

"We're light on the ground but I've been fairly impressed with what I've seen already... and they're going to benefit from being around the likes of Nutley and Manu."

On Dykes, Matterson told a Castleford Tigers website: "He's definitely one I'd like but, again, there are a couple of other halves in Sydney who may be available so we're working through that."

On Monaghan, Matterson added: "I think it's pretty well documented that Manly have all but shown Michael the door but he's got a three year contract there.

"The two guys...(Dykes and Monaghan) are options but again it's a bit early to say for sure."Dykes is believed to be seeking a release from his Cronulla contract after receiving a "lucrative" Castleford offer.

"There's no update at the moment. He's still training with the club and at this stage it's business as usual," Sharks chairman Barry Pierce told AAP.

"I know Castleford are interested. (Dykes' ex-Sharks teammate) Danny Nutley has gone there already.

"But I don't know more than that. He's training very well and at this stage he is with us.

"He's given no indication whatsoever what he might be doing."

Asked if Dykes would start the season with the Sharks, Pierce said: "I couldn't answer that - there's a long way to go until then."

Meanwhile, Matterson said he hoped to finally "settle" Manu who is now playing with his fourth club in five seasons.

"That's obviously the plan and it's up to me to get the best out of him," he said.

"Willie Manu I think the fans will love. He's a real strike player with his best rugby league in front of him and I think this is the place for him to play."

is it possible to not even put anything up about mona's!!

K i'll lay it down to ya's MONAGHAN IS GOING TO BE PLAYING FOR THE MANLY SEA EAGLES IN 2006!!! and if he doesn't run out on the 2006 roster on that first week of the new season you can throw it all back in my face!!

I do not and will not belive any of the horse crap going around about him, unless i come across it myself and it's an actual proper statement from monaghan and the eagles themselves, not the bloody manly gang. They know just as much about the happenings around the club as we do!! Naff all

I know people rip into Monaghan badly on MSE forum (some on this forum aswell) but he was the heart and soul of us making the top 8.

I would be very disappointed if Monas to the Tigers!

In my opinion Monas should be our 5/8 with Orford as halfback.

ME I would say BK was the true heart ans sole. Watmough has him to thank for his form

is it possible to not even put anything up about mona's!!

K i'll lay it down to ya's MONAGHAN IS GOING TO BE PLAYING FOR THE MANLY SEA EAGLES IN 2006!!! and if he doesn't run out on the 2006 roster on that first week of the new season you can throw it all back in my face!!

I do not and will not belive any of the horse crap going around about him, unless i come across it myself and it's an actual proper statement from monaghan and the eagles themselves, not the bloody manly gang. They know just as much about the happenings around the club as we do!! Naff all

lol, settle. the manly gang just posted the article. did not write it :stupid:

If you have a look at Des's report in the new membership brouchure talks about Monas in way that makes me think he will definately be with us in 2006

dear oh dear, not another monas post!! dare i say it we could win the premiership in 2006 with him as captain and we would still see these posts!!!

:blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4