Mona's to Leave???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Mona's to Leave???

Premiership frontrunners Manly have made the shock decision to release Michael Monaghan from the final year of his contract to allow the star utility to fulfill his dream of playing halfback.

Monaghan has been given a three week "window" to find a club for 2008, with several teams already showing interest.

"I would love to stay at Manly but the reality is they have a good halfback and good hooker in Mat Ballin, both on longer contracts than I am" Monaghan said.

"I believe I'm a better half than hooker and that is where my future lies."

"There are a few clubs looking for a half for next season. But if I can't come to terms with one of then I'll stay at Manly and be happy to do so."

Part of article in current Rugby League Week

Mona's to Leave???

Look, all in all i think this will be the best outcome for Monas and the Club

Dont get me wrong, i am certainly no monas hater and have in previous years lead the chorus against cutting him, but the time is now right

Mona's is not our No1 half

And its arguable if he is our No1 Hooker or 5/8

So for the sake of near 250k as well as the long term retention of Burns, Ballin and Groom , i say thanks for the emories Mona's and goodluck in the future

Mona's to Leave???

Guys, we need to make up some banners and posters.

I have this idea about a protest on the sydney harbour bridge.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2