Monas - the Reaction!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
The whole Monas saga has been more interesting than Days of our Lives or Neighbours.

The print that has been wasted in the papers, the crap written on the net, both here but mostly elsewhere.

I had to laugh this morning when I saw imbeciles suggesting that they were responsible for the club reneging and signing Monas. I am sure that Crusher, Des, Cummings, Peter Peters, Blocker etc, rather than rely on their years of international Rugby League and player watching, running of a multi-million dollar organisations etc would rather just check the feelings of a minority of avid (but rather clueless fans who happen to love the current hybrid half) and then base their decisions on that.

Can you believe it?????

Wonder how the membership drive is going with all this happening????

The whole Monas saga has been more interesting than Days of our Lives or Neighbours.

The print that has been wasted in the papers, the crap written on the net, both here but mostly elsewhere.

I had to laugh this morning when I saw imbeciles suggesting that they were responsible for the club reneging and signing Monas. I am sure that Crusher, Des, Cummings, Peter Peters, Blocker etc, rather than rely on their years of international Rugby League and player watching, running of a multi-million dollar organisations etc would rather just check the feelings of a minority of avid (but rather clueless fans who happen to love the current hybrid half) and then base their decisions on that.

Can you believe it?????

Wonder how the membership drive is going with all this happening????

More interesting than Neighbours, I don't think so.

While I agree that there is no way the "Brains trust" would have taken into account posts on ME's forum, it's a bit rough calling the fans who have stuck up for Monas as clueless.

Good point Volley. People who think there clever because there in the minority make me :) :)

Sorry if I implied that all the fans sticking up for Monas are clueless. My point is that to suggest one knows more than our recruitment committee indicates 'cluelessness'. Many fans are blindly loyal to the current players and if you read the posts over the years we would never have swapped Tony Jensen, Jason Ferris, Luke Dorn, Alby Torrens etc

The worst (and funniest one) was the group on OEE who suggested that they stage rallies at the football office and the games in support of Monas. AS IF????

I was a follower of Manly when an immortal of the game (Bozo - who in my mind was Manly), who had a handshake agreement with Arko, left the club. I remember the devastation at the time but I was still cheering the Sea Eagles when we won the comp a bit over a year later in the gutsiest display ever in 78.

Bottom line is that players come and go but the heart of a club is the big issue. We are reestablishing a winning culture (with winners like BK and Beaver) and a few personalities in or out are not going to alter that!!!)

Yeah I agree with those sentiments. Well said.

I didn't realise people wanted to stage protest rallies and the like (I don't frequent OEE much). That's pretty stupid.

There was an uproar when Fatty left too but it was all about cash from a player who had passed his best. Did nothing at Easts!!! Blind loyalty can cloud one's judgement. Doesn't win premierships too often!

Damm and i have my Save Monaghs sign all made up for the Rally, i can just put a line through monaghs and replace it with Chad if you guys are still keen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with your getting at CW. Life goes on but I think it was the shiite fight through the media by Manly management, Monas and Banaghan. Which was the worst thing.

Manly management stooped to a low level during certain stages of the saga.....very regretable methinks.

I am not so sure Byso - I didn't like us being painted as the Devil Incarnate on the media but Tele Photographers are not usually in Eastern Suburbs cafes at 7 am on Saturday mornings. Nor did the club ever say that Monas had two weeks - that was media talk again.

Remember the media will never let the truth get in the way of a good story - especially if they are being fed by a unscrupulous manager with little credibility who is trying to manipulate a contract!!!

cw thats what i cant understand about this whole thing,everyone is blaming management of our fine club in front of banaghan and monas,who knows the truth but its a bit rich pumping it onto management without knowing

i guess Monaghs became extra keen to sign when he read the bunnies where keen to talk to him! i guess that on its own summed up his situation lol

Damm and i have my Save Monaghs sign all made up for the Rally, i can just put a line through monaghs and replace it with Chad if you guys are still keen! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've still got my Adam Brown one.

come on CW.. it was all me and you know it.

lol
Kaza, you didn't leave anyone in doubt of your thoughts!!

Just listened to 2UE and it sounds as if Max Delmege was the catalyst for today. As a sponsor I am sure he wasn't happy with the poor publicity, no matter what the outcome was going to be!

Bossley and Brandy said the whole thing was bizarre! Brandy said that fans should not rule out Orford coming to Manly!!!!

Announced that Matt King has signed with Melbourne!!

I don't think it's fair to say that the save Mona's thing is just bloind loyalty though, on everyones part anyhow. He has proven himself to many people (not all & that's cool) and like BK & Tezza has really been one of the guys to take the team by the balls & work some pride into it. When I think of Monas, I think of a bloke who was in the club five seconds & seemed to have more passion for it than anyone else in the squad. Now look at the team. He has earned respect as a Manly man & isn't a bad footballer either. You can buy talent, but you can't buy soul.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4