Monas open letter to Manly fans! keen to deliver Grand Final victory!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
ADAM LUCIUS
11jun05

GRATEFUL skipper Michael Monaghan has written an open letter to Manly fans thanking them for their support during the most harrowing period of his NRL career.

And now he is desperate to deliver a premiership as the ultimate payback. The Sea Eagles No 7 was genuinely touched by the backing he received during a tense two- month stand-off with the club over a new contract. Monaghan was on the verge of leaving until powerbroker and major sponsor Max Delmege stepped in to heal the rift and seal a new three- year deal for the popular club captain. In his letter to supporters, Monaghan writes: ``Throughout what was a very tense time the fans were absolutely magnificent. ``Whether it was at games or just walking down the street, people were wishing me the best and expressing hope that I could sort things out and stay at a club I've grown to love and one I'm honoured to captain. ``Thankfully everything has worked out and I'm here for another three years. I now remain focused on delivering that dream we all share - a Manly premiership victory. ``That would be the best way I could thank all Manly fans for their amazing show of loyalty.'' Elaborating on the letter ahead of tonight's meeting with South Sydney at Aussie Stadium, Monaghan said: ``I was blown away by the level of support I received. I desperately want to pay the supporters back.'' Monaghan will lead a bits and pieces side into action against the Rabbitohs. Injury, suspension and Origin duty have ripped six players from the line-up but the visitors should still prevail against the battling Bunnies.

Meanwhile hooker Chad Randall is no closer to being offered a new deal after a meeting between his manager George Mimis and the club on Thursday. ``It was more a philosophical than quantitative chat,'' Mimis said yesterday. ``They've got to work out their dollars and that salary cap and get back to us. ``If there is nothing at Manly there are few logical clubs we could look at in the NRL. We could also look overseas.''

forwards smashed. Manly were run over Byso. Thats about it mate.

Our backline is useless when a bomb goes up.

yeah he did well. I was mainly referring to our wingers. Donald and Hicks need a kick up the arse. We need Ridge in for training sessions for our wingers. Show them how to catch a bomb.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4