Monas in Manly/Parra Game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
How pathetic was Monas's attack decisions. We looked confused, his kicks weren't effective and we should have won, as we had enough opportunities to win.

Monas has done his contract negotiations great guns. Half his offer is all I can say.

Despite my reluctance to say this, but perhaps we need Orford.

I agree entirely. I was sticking up for Monas earlier, but after that performance maybe Sue and Mata are right, he can't handle the big stuff. And King, well I stand corrected again, soft is all I can say on tonights performance.

Did King play ????

Sue/Mata 100% correct, we hadenough ball in Parras quarter to win 5 games, but lacked direction and creativity to produce much. If Monaghs was offered 200K he should have signed, he deserves 100K at best on a scale of half backs in the nrl.

Young smith, while making some errors as he was always trying things just outclassed him today.

King is easily the most over rated player i have seen for years, Kite and Kylie where so far ahead of him today it wasnt funny, Glenn Stewart was also outstanding, when at full strength King has to go.

King was shocking..... I thought on the other hand Leuluai was excellent and is underrated but a lot of Manly fans. He penetrates the defence with every run. Glenn Stewart is going to be something special as well, we have quality coming out of our ears in the backrow.

Unfortunately, despite being a major supporter of Michael Monaghan I believe he really did crack under the pressure tonight. Did it have partly to do with contract negotiations? Who knows, but now I am kind of thinking that Matt orford wasn't such a bad idea in the first place.

At full strength........

8. Kite
9. Williamson
10. Heckenburg
11. Menzies
12. Watmough
13. Kennedy

14. Leuluai
15. Dunley
16. Glenn Stewart
17. Sam Harris

Harris and King.......

Harris has a good offload, is a strong whole runner, and seems to be a good impact player who has a lot of potential.

King runs hard, but is injury prone and plays very little time on the field. Don't think signing King long term was a good option.

Both have major form fluctuations, but I'm afraid that I'm going to have to go with Harris. King has to go, Glenn Stewart deserves a spot in that team.

Stephenson was found out way too many times, and both him and Tezza are showing nothing in attack.

Release Randall, buy Orford and King, and play Monaghan at hooker. That is if Monaghan is willing to take an offer a little closer to what his ability warrants. Then Dunley off the bench.

Who saw PL today, I realise they were flogged but how did Alberts and Matai go? It is time for a centre change IMO.

Monas was an honest performer but made bad decisions and never looked like taking on the line himself - never had the inside defence doubting what was going on. I thought he was going to score with two or three to go - just pulled down. His kicking game was generally good in my view and his defence was very good from the stand. I don't want to just blame him for the lack of cohesion in attack - he and Witt play a very similar game and there is little contrast. The long passes are good but there was nothing on once we got there.

Sam Harris was by FAR the worst player. He gave away many penalties and lost the ball a few times.

Sammy lost the plot, again. Dunners is going back to his old ways and reminds me of a stray dog that bites your ankle when you least expect it. All the same he was effective.

Glenn played his heart out but give me Watmough any day. Blue-arse could have scored a try that put us level on his current form. King was just the pits with zero penetration. Kite & Kylie showed him up very easily. We have enough forwards at the top and PL to see us hold and even dominate other teams but what we need is penetration in the centres (no points from anyone for this!). We must sign someone like King. The Duck showed what he can do if some space is given to him but he isn't getting it with Steppa and Hill.

We are a team that matches but never dispatches.

there was a lack of contrl and leadership. BK would have brought that to the game.

To their defencee it was very very wet and slippery out there. the field had a thin layer of dew from kick off

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and say that the contract negotiations or lack thereof got to him a bit. He seemed distracted.

Harris needs to visit the PL. Stewart was outstanding.

B Stewart had another shocker. Im starting to get worried.. 1 was.. a bad night.. but another one.. hope he doesnt make it a habit.

King was dissapointing.. I dont know where the 2003 King has gone. He used to run up hard and always make big hits. Seems like hes scared to use his shoulder as hes always going into hit ups with his back.

Monas had a fair game. Great in defence. Good long kicking game.. his short game was on and off. Few good kicks few bad ones. Main problem in attack was the supporting cast... THERE WAS NONE.

Harris needs to visit the PL. Stewart was outstanding.

B Stewart had another shocker. Im starting to get worried.. 1 was.. a bad night.. but another one.. hope he doesnt make it a habit.

King was dissapointing.. I dont know where the 2003 King has gone. He used to run up hard and always make big hits. Seems like hes scared to use his shoulder as hes always going into hit ups with his back.

Monas had a fair game. Great in defence. Good long kicking game.. his short game was on and off. Few good kicks few bad ones. Main problem in attack was the supporting cast... THERE WAS NONE.

Agreed.

IMO the contact bull has distracted Mona's, you could see it clearly on Friday.

How many more years do Kingy and Harris have left on their contracts?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4