Monas and Dessie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
(I also placed this thread on MSE) :p

Many of us saw the news reports last night on channel 9 and 10 with Dessie, the Ox and Monas being interviewed.

When Dessie was asked if Monas would be captain Dessie replied that Monas isn't guaranteed a spot in the top 17, therefore may not be captain.

Does anyone still think that Dessie wanted to re-sign Monas?

I think we are all under the impression that Des didn't want Monnas there for next season.Last nights segment on Sports Tonight confirms it some what.He didn't beat around the bush saying Monnas has a tough assignment during the summer traing regime,to even get a look in at the 17.So no captaincy for Monnas for the coming season,may not even get a starting spot at Hooker or 5/8.Ox was a little tongue in cheek saying he hadn't been told he was going to be our halback at that point.With Des confirming what we all know that he will be our halfback.You dont pay half a million on a player then change the position he has played his whole life.It was an interesting story & it is great to see Manly on the new's for all the right reasons.

good point andrew - for a touchy subject all parties are handling it professionally for once. Lets hope the club, players and managers can keep it up

Problem is though Fluffy, is that as soon as someone is made captain, they will be asked cutting edge questions about individuals, and should be coached around some scripting before hand. I know it's only football, but a sound environment is absolutealy necessary for any success. Take Tigers for example. They didn't want Roach from what I hear, even though he was a club legend for reasons I don't want to divulge.

I must say monas seems a little more level headed dealing with the media than he has in the past.

Orford seemed a natural though

Lets wait & see how Monaghan reacts when the captaincy is actually given to someone else. I hope he is magnanimous, but pride may cause the old foot in mouth problem to return.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6