Monas - 80minutes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
Monas looks good and I think he is wasted in the hooking role. He must add more to attack then Burns does. Why not get Monas and Orford to try and play together in the halves again - traing with the combinations a lot (i.e. Monas does long kicks, Orford short kicks), and put Burns into hooker - that way Dunely will have more impact when he comes on cause we wont lose Monas.

Monas chip kick almost came off tonight.

Keep Burns and give Monas 80 mins at hooker. When Dunley comes on our structure seems to fall apart. Sure he makes a couple of good dummy half darts a game but they are not game breakers are they. So he should be dropped.

I'd agree with you Garts, except that we need Monas to do some long range kicks. Maybe he should drop back on the fifth tackle when its long range kick times.

This is certainly the best subject had on this site in yonks.

Monas does need to be an 80min player.

Its what this team needs. It allows for a different kind of bench configuration altogether.

Ryan will get a hard-on hearing that.

The difficulty with Monas is that as a half, he combines poorly with any another half. He adds to the attack but that can be to the detriment of the dominant playmaker. The both of them get in each others way.

As the # 9 he has actually done well in defence around the ruck, and this is what this side desperately needed. Burns also adds to the defensive posture in the # 6.

Whilst Monas may have more in attack than Burns he would be detrimental to the overall plan if shifted from 9 to 6 & if shuffled around will only go back to the merry-go-round of confused playmaking where lost kicks become the norm & challenging the defence becomes the rarity.

I still think Des is on the right track & am excited as to where we are heading. Leave Monas at 9.

I felt Beaver was the standout in defence and Monas in attack tonight. Monas' long kick from dummy half is invaluable. I'd be reluctant to encourage him to chip kick. His setup of our last try was great. As for moving to 5/8th? Definitely NOT on the same side of the field as the Ox. Ox needs runners. On the opposite side? Maybe. Not sure. Maybe he can mix it up with dummy half plays.

I agree with Garts. The meters Dunley makes from dummy half do not compensate for the lack of structure he brings to our attack.

dont fix something that isnt broken, while Burns may not be ideal 5/8 Monaghs is still our best hooker and is going well, his defence is fantastic and his creativeness at hooher is improving every game he plays there.

one of our best against broncos

leave him at hooker - but as Rexx said it would hurt for him to mix it up sometimes on the opposite side of the field to orford - ala the canberra game last year. Of course this should only be used in the oppositions half.

Monagahn is going okay as hooker and we look a better team with him on the paddock. He is starting to scheme and his defensive work is a million times better than that of Dunley.

Did Burns add anything to the game or did he do the usual 50 tackles, where 45 of them are usually at 2nd or 3rd tackler.

Did Burns add anything to the game or did he do the usual 50 tackles, where 45 of them are usually at 2nd or 3rd tackler.

The fact that he leads the NRL in one-on-one contests would suggest that what you've just said is....well, incorrect...

WTF is wrong with our forwards? when we are in our own 20m no one wants the farkin thing. I saw Robbo taking hit-ups close to our line while the big blokes were doing nothing.

Then when we get to the other end of the field, the fowards are lining up for a hit-up.

Orford needs to talk more - boss the forwards around, tell them what to do.

Let's presume we're without Kite and Menzies this weekend (and Bell). And BK remains on the injured list.

I'd be inclined to bring Ballin in to play as a second rower or lock!!!!!!

When is this kid going to get his chance?

Being present at the game enlightend me. Prior to the game we did a solid half hour work out on field, While the Broncs kicked the ball around wondering WTF manly were doing. Within 5 minutes we were behind play struggling to keep up. Our big men were fractured after 5 minutes!!!!
I couldnt believe it.

i agree CW - i think cuthbo needs more game time - always seems very nervous when he gets on.

Then again i would have got him to play a few games last year to get this nervousness out the way

Being present at the game enlightend me. Prior to the game we did a solid half hour work out on field, While the Broncs kicked the ball around wondering WTF manly were doing. Within 5 minutes we were behind play struggling to keep up. Our big men were fractured after 5 minutes!!!!
I couldnt believe it.

That's not unusal. King was the only one blowing hard after 10 minutes on Friday night and the game was half paced.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8