Monaghan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I feel sorry for the bloke.

He puts in every single week. In fact, when he was spinning circles in the pastures a few years back he was still giving his all.

And how does the club repay him?

I will admit that I am a monaghan fan, not always but he has grown on me. He is the reason we are sitting near 1st place.

Poor bastard can't even get a contract. Is this how manly should treat the blokes who really try hard to the club and don't just rely on everyone else to pull their weight?

Who hear thinks we should have re-signed him?

I do.

He was already signed for next year. I think you mean, who thinks we should have released him.

he is 1 reason we are in first place, i can think of many others, unfortunatly the man in his prefered spot is not one of them at the moment.

Barring injury he will have a 100% win record playing behind a good pack with good centres, thats about all we will ever know.

he's been very harshly treated by fan's like M___and the Club. Over the last few years.

The fact is he was able to get us in a competitive position 3 years ago even though we had an ordinary side and people where bagging him out because he didn't play like Joey or whatever. (I would have said" the Ox" but it clear to see he has proved to be no better.)

So yes they should of extended. But he did well to get the big dollars so good luck to him.

[quote author=Canteen Worker]
This one is gorrrnnn. Enjoy 2007 but I reckon we will be even better in 2008.

How so CW? This one gorn?

[/quote]
What I am saying is that Monaghan is gone and we can talk as much as we like about him being signed next season but it is all over.

I still think that we will be better with Orford and Ballin in 7 and 9 and that we won't miss him as much as is thought.

[quote author=fLIP]
[quote author=Canteen Worker]
This one is gorrrnnn. Enjoy 2007 but I reckon we will be even better in 2008.

How so CW? This one gorn?

[/quote]
What I am saying is that Monaghan is gone and we can talk as much as we like about him being signed next season but it is all over.

I still think that we will be better with Orford and Ballin in 7 and 9 and that we won't miss him as much as is thought.
[/quote]

we should be the better side, but so far this year its really only been the ballin in 9 thats been the goods. Compare monas and ballin to chad and duners and work out who is getting the better service.

told ya'll. Ahh.. the days i was slagged for saying we dont need orford.. we need a nsw prop or 2nd rower. Orfords a joke.. the fact that we released Monas AND not resigned Burns.. who are both younger for an Orford.. is beyond my imagination. Im suprised we havent told Ballin to **** off as well.

told ya'll. Ahh.. the days i was slagged for saying we dont need orford.. we need a nsw prop or 2nd rower. Orfords a joke.. the fact that we released Monas AND not resigned Burns.. who are both younger for an Orford.. is beyond my imagination. Im suprised we havent told Ballin to **** off as well.

:lol:
Orford's just HAS to do something....kinda soon doesn't he?

I don't want orford to slot field goals to win us games. I want orford to take on the line and make breaks or even half breaks and then offload to stewy or someone else... I want him to put our centres/backrowers through gaps.

I would have thought this was stadard procedure for topline halfbacks.... I can't remember the last time Orford put a bloke through a hole and I think the last time Orford took the line on and made a break was from the scrumbase against newcastle almost a year ago.

I am another one of these monas fans. I too feel as though he has been harshly dealt to. What i will concede is that Ballin is the better no9. This being the case then I was more than happy to see monas warming the bench even though he on $240k.

However what pisses me off, like Nutz has just said, is that I want to see the Ox creating things for others, slipping players into gaps etc, etc. At the moment it is monas who is doing this from no9!!

The Ox is on $500k and doing jack sh!t! I tell ya just like any other manly fan i want my team to win the premiership and if that means we have to have a $500k player on the bench or in PL then so be it. Des must realise the concern is the premiership and not the bank balance on the bench!!

I am actually clinging to the hope that monas ESL club warrington get relegated then Manly might just have the opportunity to reconsider what they have done.

All this said and done if I was monas and just been through the ringers for the past 3+ years slogging my guts out for nothing then I would make sure the door was well and truely shut behind me as I left! :evil:

He deserves far better than this, hope we can send him away with a premiership ring.

I don't want orford to slot field goals to win us games. I want orford to take on the line and make breaks or even half breaks and then offload to stewy or someone else... I want him to put our centres/backrowers through gaps.

I would have thought this was stadard procedure for topline halfbacks.... I can't remember the last time Orford put a bloke through a hole and I think the last time Orford took the line on and made a break was from the scrumbase against newcastle almost a year ago.

He split the line to score against Penrith remember. Straight after that he did an awesome 40/20. I thought to myself at the time....here we go...Orford's back !!!

He went missing in the 2nd 1/2.

IMO Monas takes the line on more at half and tries his luck with grubber kicks in the in goal waiting for a Manly player to score. Instead you get The Ox putting up cross field kicks which are becoming predictable.

Point being Monas is a match winner. Not pretty, but he gets the job done.

Monas is still a Judas, a whineging little prick and a player of limited talent.

I still can't wait to see the back of him so we can see our side and the other players blossom with a decent dummy half, not some megalamaniac idiot running around in circles and cramping everyone's style.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4