MONAGHAN SIGNS FOR THREE YEARS FOR THE MANLY SEA EAGLES & Cummings apologises

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
MONAGHAN SIGNS FOR THREE YEARS FOR THE MANLY SEA EAGLES

Manly today signed captain Michael Monaghan to a new three year contract.

Monaghan agreed to a new term after meeting with his manager Jim Banighan,Sea Eagles Executive Chairman Paul Cummings,Head coach Des Hasler and major shareholder Max Delmege early today.

Monaghan and Banighan discussed the offer for several hours and then fronted a press conference with Manly management.

Both the Sea Eagles management and Monaghan and his management admitted the negotiations could have been handled better.

Paul Cummings said he apologised to fans for the manner in which the Monaghan negotiations had been handled.

"The club apologises to the players,fans and sponsors and is delighted the issue has been settled,"Mr.Cummings said.

Monaghan's manager Jim Banighan also said the negotiations got out of hand in the media.

"It should have been handled better and I accept part of the blame,"Banighan said.

Michael Monaghan told the media he was proud to continue with the Sea Eagles.

"I apologise for what I said about the club in the press over the weekend - if I had my time again I wouldn't say those things about the club where I am happy to play with a great bunch of blokes and under a coach I respect enormously.

"I'm determined this will make me a better person and captain.
"I never wanted to leave and I'm now going to concentrate on doing the best I can to be part of a premiership winning team with Manly,"Monaghan said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4