Monaghan Needs to Ditch the Manager

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Looks as though their is a little more reason why manly withdrew the contract. Hopefully monas can see that his manager has a big mouth. Also, how would he know if their are other clubs who would take him.... before June 30?

Article Extract:

But Manly executive director Paul Cummings, who has taken over negotiations with coach Des Hasler, said the club's priority was to retain Monaghan.

Banaghan said he had almost reached agreement with Sea Eagles recruitment manager Noel Cleal before the club imposed its deadline then withdrew the offer while Banaghan was overseas.

"I've got two clubs in England that will take him at the drop of a hat and there's two NRL clubs that have given expressions of interest, so there's no dramas about getting him a start," Banaghan said of Monaghan.

Banaghan said he had almost reached agreement with Sea Eagles recruitment manager Noel Cleal before the club imposed its deadline then withdrew the offer while Banaghan was overseas.
"I've got two clubs in England that will take him at the drop of a hat and there's two NRL clubs that have given expressions of interest, so there's no dramas about getting him a start," Banaghan said of Monaghan.

"But his preference is that he is the captain of Manly, he loves it at Manly. I'd like to think they'll be sensible, otherwise he'll just have to go and make more money somewhere else."

Flipper, i was just about to start the same Thread, i dont think that bloke is anywhere near looking after Mona's best interests. In fact just the opposite as he will turn the eagles and supporters i may ad against him with his "earn more money else where " attitude!

PJ ponders future from the bench
By Brad Walter
May 12, 2005

Former Queensland Origin hooker PJ Marsh will decide next week whether to take up an option to extend his contract with Parramatta or consider offers from rival clubs.

Marsh, who was released by the Warriors last season after being sidelined for 18 months by a neck injury that required surgery, signed a two-year deal with the Eels containing a get-out clause in his favour.

While he is happy at Parramatta, Marsh has been consigned mostly to the interchange bench, as the club boasts top-line hooking options in Mark Riddell and John Morris, while rookie Tim Smith is filling the halfback role it was initially expected Marsh would take.

Smith, a potential target for the Gold Coast, has received a two-year offer from the Eels, and his agent, David Riolo, has put a counter-proposal.

Riolo said he expected Smith to stay. Marsh's manager, Jim Banaghan, is to meet Parramatta next week.

Should he decide to test his value on the open market, Marsh would join several other high-profile playmakers yet to sign, with Melbourne's Matt Orford and Manly's Michael Monaghan undecided about their futures.

Monaghan, the Sea Eagles captain, is keen to stay, but the club recently withdrew an offer he had failed to sign before a deadline they had imposed.

Manly have since been linked with Orford and Storm teammate Matt King, a leading contender for a centre or wing berth in the NSW Origin side.

Orford said yesterday that he

had not spoken to anyone from Manly but would not rule out a return to the club where he began his career as Jason Taylor's understudy at the Northern Eagles. Orford left the Eagles after they signed Brett Kimmorley.

"There are obviously a lot of things to consider but I wouldn't rule it out," said Orford, who has recovered from the hamstring injury that kept him out of the City-Country match and will play against Souths on Saturday. "Everything is still an option."

But Manly executive director Paul Cummings, who has taken over negotiations with coach Des Hasler, said the club's priority was to retain Monaghan.

"But his preference is that he is the captain of Manly, he loves it at Manly. I'd like to think they'll be sensible, otherwise he'll just have to go and make more money somewhere else."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4