Momentum

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I can't overstate the importance of tonight's game. The Eels did not win the minor premiership last year by being mugs and that same team is largely intact and free of its Brian Smith baggage.

Should they beat us tonight, particularly if it is of an overwhelming nature, then they will be reaching a point of irresistable momentum which could reach a crescendo at finals time.

We too are starting to get on a roll. With players out we have scrapped together some ugly, but important wins. I'm not sure what impact the bye will have on us tonight. One suspects we have been in "do what it takes to win" mode while we wait for the reinforcements to arrive.

Obviously we're not going to risk some of our high-priced cattle when they're 85% fit when we can let them have a further fortnight and be 110%. However, if we go into this game with an "excuse" for losing it could get ugly and hand a golden handshake to the Premiership to the slime.

One hopes our players are striving for a top 4 position regardless of who is injured and take the mindset into tonight's game that if we rip and tear we have 2 weeks to get over it. Conversely the eels may have half a mind on next weekend's blockbuster against the Drag Queens.

We win tonight and the eels band wagon comes to a shuddering hault while it is us that will be looking irresistable.

We lose narrowly and we will probably have justification for excusing it.

We lose heavily.................

I say it all the time, but I don't think BK is going to let his teammates go into any game nearing the end of the system without a 100% positive mindset.

And this is a massive massive game. If we win, it breaks a couple of hoodoo's for starters - haven't won 4 in a row in a f*cking AGE, poor record at Parra, winning without stars, 4 point win because of the bye etc....

Parra are a good side but they do have chinks in their armoury. I tip Manly by 2 which will surprise a lot of you.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4