Moley: Another club to get in salary cap trouble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Rex I know I have suggested this before, but you really need to seek assistance. Your grasp of reality, perspective and now the English language is very shaky.

No it wouldn't because the club would be forced to recruit lower valued players to stay under the cap value in total.
So, clubs shouldn't be allowed to pay players whatever they wanted?
Sorry, but I'm not following your logic, I thought you were saying there were 2 values, a real one and a notional one which counted towards the cap......

Just to clarify, there would be nothing to stop a club paying a player or players way more than their notional values, for whatever reasons, and end up going broke from their bad judgement.

Last edited:
https://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

Why have a Salary Cap?
The NRL Salary Cap serves two functions:

1. It assists in "spreading the playing talent" so that a few better resourced clubs cannot simply out-bid other clubs for all of the best players. If a few clubs are able to spend unlimited funds it will reduce the attraction of games to fans, sponsors and media partners due to an uneven competition. Allowing clubs to spend an unlimited amount on players would drive some clubs out of the competition as they would struggle to match the prices wealthy clubs could afford to pay.
  1. It ensures clubs are not put into a position where they are forced to spend more money than they can afford, in terms of player payments, just to be competitive.

Thanks HM, interesting link, my previous paraphrasing........
"My understanding is that the main reasons were 1) to smooth the playing talent and 2) stop clubs going broke." seems fair enough then.

@Rex I know I have suggested this before, but you really need to seek assistance. Your grasp of reality, perspective and now the English language is very shaky.
lol. Why would anyone need to seek any assistance? Woodsie the messiah, and his trusty all-knowing and infallible God dictionary, are here to save us all from the sin of using the word "established" to mean simply "established".

What more could anyone ask in life?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8