Moanaghan the mercenary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
According the Ch 9 news contract negotiations have reached an impasse because Monaghan wants 30% more than what our final offer is.

So much for the wonderful "local" boy that deserved the captaincy for his loyalty etc etc bla de bla de bla.

Stuff him - let him go to England for all I care. If he wants Orford type money we may as well get Orford.

Matabele will write more about this on the morrow. It's about time I had something to stick the teeth into. This winning business is getting boring.

Monas or his manager are after the best deal he can get. Nothing wrong with this, if he can get it.

We know not what is being said behind the scenes and how much of this is a charade!!!

Though if Monas is asking for as much as it sounds then honestly I don't think he is worth it. Top players have to prove themselves before getting a huge contract.

If he doesn't want to be tied into a smaller contract for three years when he is going to apparently prove himself over the rest of this season and the next then he should get a smallish one season contract and go for the big money when he has proved himself.

Manly are also after the best deal they can get. They've made him a final offer and he can take it or leave it.

I hope we don't budge. Monaghan is not all that important in the big scheme of things. Let him pack his delusions of grandeur and go and ply his very ordinary bag of tricks in the old dart.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4