Mitchell Pearce

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pearce wouldn't come close to making a Blues side if he was playing in the 80s, 90s or 00s, but he is the best of the current NSW crop imo.

A bit harsh imo - Pearce had a poor game against Manly but no half in the NRL would shine against that dominent Seaeagles defence on Sunday.
If he had experienced fowards instead of big, young 1 dimensional meatheads & a decent coach he is a good half.
Will never be a great half but offers more than Wallace, as for Reynolds.... he is at least on par with Pearce, but behind a super Dogs pack.
Pearces main ingredient - enthusiasm - has been lost in the Smith blackhole somewhere.

I think Maloney would make a damn good fist of it personally, though I don't think he would pair well with Carney.

I think the best possible Halves Pairing NSW could have is Wallace and Carney.

I think together, they would make a very solid and balanced halves combination

Daniel said:
I think Maloney would make a damn good fist of it personally, though I don't think he would pair well with Carney.

I think the best possible Halves Pairing NSW could have is Wallace and Carney.

I think together, they would make a very solid and balanced halves combination

I like Maloney and I wanted him in Origin last year and had him in the side this year til his form dropped off about a month before, but the knock I have on him is I don't think he's much of an organiser. He's a good hole runner and support player and also a good defender but he doesn't really set up the play. I wanted him at 6 in Origin as I thought the Blues best chance was to play with plenty of aggression and offloads and I thought he was the best half to take advantage of that style of play.

I suppose the organising aspect of a no 7 is what's hard to tell by just watching the game. Its hard to tell which halfbacks are orchestrating the play by telling the forwards where to run and deciding when to spread it wide. DCE has come in for a bit of criticism this year for not quite hitting the heights of last year, but he is still running the show and whilst it doesn't always show up in the stats sheet in terms of runs, try assists, etc, he is still having an impact on our performances with how we play from a structural standpoint.

DSM5 said:
I thought he had a very poor game today. I was concerned thinking he would bomb Jorge all day, and that didn't eventuate. His kicking was very average and he ran the team like a dog's breakfast. They just did't have a leader out there. Anasta is a myth, and there didn't appear to be anyone who had any idea. Gotta love that.

I know what you mean he is piss poor i dnt knw if the BLUES can carry him in the 3rd SOO like they did in the 2nd game, it`s very hard to play a man down at that level for 2games in a row (but thats how i see the blues with Pearce in the side - a team with 12 men playing QLD)

Thurston - better but Qld
Cronk - better but Qld
DCE - better but Qld
Johnson - better but NZ
Wallace - debatable
Marshall - better but NZ
Campese - better but injured
Sandow - no, attack better, defense worse
Reynolds - no but has potential
Walsh - no
Mullen - no
Hornby - no
Prince - Qld
Robson - no

The halves talent pool is very shallow in NSW. It comes back to Pearce v Wallace. Matter of opinion really but I think there's so little in it between the two that it doesn't really make any difference. That's life and we just have to get on with it and try and win by maximising the few advantages we have.

If Wallace truly ran rings around Pearce he would be selected.

Bradza said:
Cronk - better but Qld
DCE - better but Qld
Johnson - better but NZ
Wallace - debatable
Marshall - better but NZ
Walsh - no
Mullen - no
Hornby - no
Prince - Qld
Robson - no

The halves talent pool is very shallow in NSW. It comes back to Pearce v Wallace. Matter of opinion really but I think there's so little in it between the two that it doesn't really make any difference. That's life and we just have to get on with it and try and win by maximising the few advantages we have.

Stuarts love feat with Pearce gets him selected for origin ! Wallace and pearces games are similar, but in my opinion Wallace is a better half ! Only by millimetres !

Bradza said:
Cronk - better but Qld
DCE - better but Qld
Johnson - better but NZ
Wallace - debatable
Marshall - better but NZ
Walsh - no
Mullen - no
Hornby - no
Prince - Qld
Robson - no

The only reason Pearce is there is because of his name and because he's played a handful of games with Carney.
Wallace is a way better number 7 and plus he can kick goals.

I'd imagine the father's contact with those that matter has some influence. Junior Pearce, now there was an over-rated player.

Pearce didnt do anything in game 1 & 2 and Carney was shocking in game 1 and played well in patches in game 2.
NSW are gone if Gifty is out because he can play as a second 5/8 and take pressure off Carney.
I would pick Wallace over Pearce because he is inform at club level.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Bradza said:

The only reason Pearce is there is because of his name and because he's played a handful of games with Carney.
Wallace is a way better number 7 and plus he can kick goals.

I don't deny that some of the comments re Pearce have merit but I say again, if Wallace was so much better than Pearce (as people are stating) then he would be in the team. He isn't, so he isn't. Do you think that Stuart cares so much more about any relationship with Wayne then finally beating Qld.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4