Minor Premiership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
torana355 said:
I did a quick ladder predictor. It will be very close!!!

In the interests of full disclosure, can you please tell us what your tipping score out of 7 so far this week is? This will help me assess the potential accuracy of your ladder predictor. :rolleyes:

way too early to call it; particularly with a few tough matches still to come. We will be very hard to beat at Brookie, but the other four matches could swing either way...especially if we have an off game, like we did against the Dogs and the Tigers.

I really hope we win that match against the Rabbits at the SCG or their fans and the NRL's desire for Souths to win a premiership will be deafening.

Our run home is not too bad we have the Broncos Rabbits and Panthers to contend with. We also play the Cowboys away. Surely we will lose at some stage but we are capable of winning them all.

It's a horror run home for the Panthers. They are a genuine chance to lose them all - Bulldogs Storm Sea Eagles and Warriors are the danger games They also play the Cowboys and Dragons who are capable of knocking them off.

The Bulldogs play 3 of the other top sides in the last 6 - Panthers Broncos and Rabbithos

Souths Play 4 of the top sides on the run home. They probably have the worst run home of any of the top 6 sides apart from the Panthers. They are Sea Eagles Broncos Bulldogs and Roosters. They also play the Cowboys.

The Roosters have a nice run home only playing top 6 sides twice - Rabitts Storm. They also play the Warriors In NZ which is dangerous. But the way they are going they will probably drop the next two before they pick up a win. Sonny is out for a month.

The Storm have a bit of a cushy run home with only 3 out of 6 what i would consider danger games for them - Panthers Roosters Broncos

As i said It's a top 6 scrap in the last 6 round and i cant see any of them going through unbeaten

As i said in my original post. It would take a mammoth choke from us to lose it from here.

I'm always a bit pessimistic. At the start of the season I just like to see us with more wins than losses. If at Rd 8 we have 5 wins I'm happy. Then the next thing is 28 pts, as traditionally that means Top 8 finish. So last week I thought tick, that's top 8 and another year of semis. 32 points for me means top 4 (this year), so another win and then I'll tick that off. Then the next thing is top 2 (to get that home semi, because you just never know if the Scum or Warriors or Cows go on a run) and that to me is 36 pts. Which could also be MP.

Bradza said:
torana355 said:
I did a quick ladder predictor. It will be very close!!!

In the interests of full disclosure, can you please tell us what your tipping score out of 7 so far this week is? This will help me assess the potential accuracy of your ladder predictor. :rolleyes:

Sorry thats top secret. :p

I couldn't care less about the Minor Premiership, it is Minor after all. I'm ONLY interested in GF wins. I would swap 10 Minor Premierships for 1 GF win in a heartbeat.

Ralphie said:
I couldn't care less about the Minor Premiership, it is Minor after all. I'm ONLY interested in GF wins. I would swap 10 Minor Premierships for 1 GF win in a heartbeat.

For sure, and I don't think anyone on here wants the MP at the expense of the Premiership. But I think going into the semis as Minor Premiers could see us going in with an air of invincibility (especially with the other teams knocking each other over) and with us having inflicted significant scars so that teams when they play us just go 'oh god, not Manly'.

I would argue that in 2007 there was a feeling of that about the Storm. (and yes they are dirty cheating scum). And whilst we did beat them that year in a thriller (13-12, nice FG Ox) I always felt that the Storm were just unbeatable that year.

Im not counting my chickens till I know its safe. Yeah we are in the box seat but the strangest things have happened.

We dont have the easiest run into the finals

Kiwi Eagle said:
It's done and dusted, and the 100k will be a nice bonus into the coffers

We haven't won the MP since 1997 so it will be nice to secure it and see the lads carrying around the shield

I just hope the climax isn't on par with 97 then mate. (That last gasp try by the Noughts is etched in the brain).

If we win the MP give the 100k straight to Tooves, no question, for steering this group to the top; and for the obvious pain and suffering!

it is a total waste of time, the only benefit I can see we will play in Sydney throughout finals. If they made minor premiers auto grand finalists then it would be of benefit.
Resting playing is another possible....

This comment isn't really about manly winning it, as I hate the thought of jinxing it.. But dies anyone else think the prize money fir minor premiership, aswell as premiership is absurdly low?

You would think it would be enough to give each player in the squad a slice and pump some into the club.. 100 000 does not do that!

It's token gesture by the NRL, also means the old JJB Giltinan ( not sure if that is spelt right. ) shield that was used prior to the current trophy still has a use.

Otherwise almost meaningless (other than a badge of honour).

Mark from Brisbane said:
It's token gesture by the NRL, also means the old JJB Giltinan ( not sure if that is spelt right. ) shield that was used prior to the current trophy still has a use.

Otherwise almost meaningless (other than a badge of honour).

Totally agree - means nothing.
Even the title sucks minor premiers.

First past the post is seen as significant in other major sports though too.

Whilst it's nowhere near as important as the premiership in Rugby League it's still prestigious and worthy recognition for a year's work.

And it gives us, obviously, a vital top two finish for the finals.

Premiers, Minor Premiers, Coach, Captain and top try scorer and even Dally M for 2014...stack em up plz!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6