Mid Season Transfers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
Maybe I have selective memory but when did these mid season transfers become so prevalent. I can remember years ago people going off about Mid season signings for the following year, and thats when they brought in the June 30 deadline. I remember when Adam Muir signed with the Bunnies from NE the commentators were going off saying its not a good look seeing players signing with clubs for the next season.

Now you have to idiotic clubs like Roosters and the Warriors giving a leg up to the Bulldogs by allowing them to sign two International Wingers mid season. It just beggars belief the Roosters would let Perrett go at all, let alone mid season. And jesus the Warriors must be pissed off with Inu he was playing like Trex at the Warriors now he is the dogs best player, saved the game for them on Friday with that hand of God catch. The Bulldogs must have offered some serious coin to those clubs to get them released, and if thats the case it should all be on the cap. Roosters and Warriors are to blame in my mind if the Dogs win the comp because they took thier foot off the Dogs neck as the Dogs were struggling with injuries.

Yes, I hate the mid season transfers. They should not be allowed. If you are unhappy with the club that you've signed with, too bad. Go back and play reserve grade until the season ends. Then you can move. It's a bad thing for a fan to be supporting a player one minute then having him scoring against ' his' team.

Well......it seems the injury curse has struck the Dog's again. If they get anymore injuries over the next few weeks they will be in a crisis.

The reason the Warriors got rid of Inu was because he was on $325,000 , playing in reserve grade, and still had another year on his contract. They would have told Inu that his form was too erratic for him to be considered for first grade, Inu then would have only two options available to him, to ride out his contract with the Warriors,but that would mean him playing for their feeder team, but also the probable end of his career.
The other option is that if he found another club that wanted him he is welcome to leave, the Bulldogs were only willing to offer him a contract of around $225,000 , so Inu had the choice of either staying for one more year with the Warriors at around $325,000 or start fresh with a new club, but on a lower contract. The warriors can then use up the money freed up by Inu leaving towards keeping some of their promising players.

Peter C said:
The reason the Warriors got rid of Inu was because he was on $325,000 , playing in reserve grade, and still had another year on his contract. They would have told Inu that his form was too erratic for him to be considered for first grade, Inu then would have only two options available to him, to ride out his contract with the Warriors,but that would mean him playing for their feeder team, but also the probable end of his career.
The other option is that if he found another club that wanted him he is welcome to leave, the Bulldogs were only willing to offer him a contract of around $225,000 , so Inu had the choice of either staying for one more year with the Warriors at around $325,000 or start fresh with a new club, but on a lower contract. The warriors can then use up the money freed up by Inu leaving towards keeping some of their promising players.

Yeah i get that but what benefit do they get in letting him go to the opposition this year. The way i see it is they lose depth and gain nothing in the cap for this year and give the opposition a leg up??

It is different to when we swapped Bani for Farrar. At least the cowboys got a player and we got a player.

conanu said:
Peter C said:

Yeah i get that but what benefit do they get in letting him go to the opposition this year. The way i see it is they lose depth and gain nothing in the cap for this year and give the opposition a leg up??

It is different to when we swapped Bani for Farrar. At least the cowboys got a player and we got a player.

By the sounds of it, he was out of favour with the coach and was not a consideration for first grade again, I think the Bulldogs also paid about $50,000 of his contract for this year, so the Warriors saved some money there.
Also, I guess the Warriors wanted to see him gone and had to make a quick decision whilst the Bulldogs were still interested as they needed a winger/center straight away, otherwise they may have looked around at other clubs, such as they did with Perrett.
We did a similar thing with Craig Field back in the late nineties.
Basically if a club wants to get rid of a high paid player they just put him in reserve grade, after a while he will seek a release.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6