Michael Morgan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
There is talk that Michael Morgan may be medically retired and this will free up cash in their salary cap, WTF is going on in the NRL,
Is Manly the only club that doesn't get an exemption .
Morgan has had chronic shoulder injuries , not something that just happened, which is what medical retirement is, in regards to the salary cap.
What if Tom T succumbs to his hamstring problems and is retired by the club, I bet I know how much cap relief we'll get?, SWEET FARK ALL.
Looks like medical retirement applies to all other clubs except us, as evidenced by Stewart and Matai

There is talk that Michael Morgan may be medically retired and this will free up cash in their salary cap, WTF is going on in the NRL,
Is Manly the only club that doesn't get an exemption .
Morgan has had chronic shoulder injuries , not something that just happened, which is what medical retirement is, in regards to the salary cap.
What if Tom T succumbs to his hamstring problems and is retired by the club, I bet I know how much cap relief we'll get?, SWEET FARK ALL.
Looks like medical retirement applies to all other clubs except us, as evidenced by Stewart and Matai
Great. Release Dce and happy days.

Not good for Morgan, a good player when fully fit.

Cows apparently after Brooks from the tigers..

Let’s hope Turbo has better luck then Morgan.

We probably could but then we will play under the cap unless the penns stump up the cash for a replacement. History has shown this is more the problem rather than rhe retirement

Could we retire Taufua??
Yes in theory as it's a new injury, however, a lot depends on the player as to whether he wants to continue playing, if he has recovered fully and the injury hasn't hampered his running, he will in all likelihood want to continue playing especially in the case of Taufua as he's into his final season and will in all probability want to seek another contract, whether in the NRL or UK.
In all medical retirement scenarios, the player is always protected nowadays and will receive his full contract payout, unlike the past where they only received a percentage of their contract.
A torn achilles tendon will in all probability NOT sideline a player for the remainder of his career, I think there have only been a handful of players over the past 10 years who received a catastrophic injury that suddenly ended their careers, like Jharal Yow Yeh and Taniella Tuiaki from the Tigers.

Yes in theory as it's a new injury, however, a lot depends on the player as to whether he wants to continue playing, if he has recovered fully and the injury hasn't hampered his running, he will in all likelihood want to continue playing especially in the case of Taufua as he's into his final season and will in all probability want to seek another contract, whether in the NRL or UK.
In all medical retirement scenarios, the player is always protected nowadays and will receive his full contract payout, unlike the past where they only received a percentage of their contract.
A torn achilles tendon will in all probability NOT sideline a player for the remainder of his career, I think there have only been a handful of players over the past 10 years who received a catastrophic injury that suddenly ended their careers, like Jharal Yow Yeh and Taniella Tuiaki from the Tigers.
I always wondered what happened to Taniella the tank. Just googled him. Yow Yeh injury was bad. If you want a cringe injury YouTube nfl Allen Hurns broken ankle.

I always wondered what happened to Taniella the tank. Just googled him. Yow Yeh injury was bad. If you want a cringe injury YouTube nfl Allen Hurns broken ankle.
I remember George Rose when he broke his ankle against Melbourne in 07, it was at a right angle to his leg, amazing how he fully recovered

If Morgan does medically retire , he will still rightly or wrongly receive some 2 . 5 mil based on his existing contract . As for any cap exemption for the Cows , no idea but Cows would probably be expected to kick in with any short fall cap requirements then if it goes that way .

If Morgan does medically retire , he will still rightly or wrongly receive some 2 . 5 mil based on his existing contract . As for any cap exemption for the Cows , no idea but Cows would probably be expected to kick in with any short fall cap requirements then if it goes that way .
He will certainly receive his full contract payout, then it's up to the Cowboys to try and convince the NRL that it's a new injury, not related to any previous injury in order to get any salary cap relief, I have no faith in the NRL, Greenberg just rubber stamped medical retirements when it came to Watmaugh, and Burgess, but not Stewart and Matai.
There is also a possibility of an insurance payout, but they're a LOT harder to convince than the NRL that it was a sudden injury.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8