MG organises Legends of Origin match - Thurs 27th

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyforever08

Reserve Grader
Mark 'MG' Geyer of Triple M Sydney's The Grill Team wants to help the people affected by the horrific floods that have plagued Queensland over the last few weeks.

Moved by their plight on his mission to help the recovery effort with his old Panthers teammates, MG is asking his mates to play a Legends Of Origin match to raise money for the flood-stricken communities of Queensland.

The match, to be staged in Sydney next Thursday night will feature former league legends and will raise money for the Queensland Premier’s Disaster Relief Appeal.

Two teams - Sydney vs. Queensland - will go head to head, and all of Sydney is invited to the game!

We'd like to thank our mates Harvey Norman who have made this event possible. Stay tuned to Triple M for more information and how you can buy tickets.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/shows/grill-team/blog/mg-organises-legends-of-origin-to-help-qld-flood-victims/20110119-b4xe.html

sounds amazing and i'll be doing my best to get there.

Would be funny to see...some such as Belcher and Pearce look as good as the day they ran around...but many would probably have a herat attack if they ran 10 metres!!

I use to have an old game on tape that was something similar to this back in the early 90's.
Pretty sure it had a mix of past and present players and had that AFL player with the beard and long hair playing in it too.

Im sure some of you guys would remember it, it was played at sea gull stadium.

Be good if chan 9 or fox found some dollars to televise it

what other games do you have pablo??  we  could do a swap  lol..

Anyone else remember when they had something like this years ago and Meninga started mucking around started throwing fake punches and Sparkles started throwing real punches

jjai link said:
what other games do you have pablo??  we   could do a swap  lol..

Pretty limited really, just some stuff from the early 90's.
I use to record bloody everything back then when i was a kid but my sister decided to record over everything a few years later with whatever the crap was she was watching at the time....

Off the top of my head I've got the 1990 Manly v balmain at brooky when roach gave the ref a pat on the head and the finals game later that year.
A game vs parra from about the same era.
That game vs brisbane when dale shearer came back to town and was given heaps by the crowd.
Theres a few more and some state of origins.
I havent had a vhs player in a decade so dunno if they still even work but my  box of old tapes is still somewhere up in the roof. Every time we have  tidy up my wife tries to make me throw it out...but i cant!

Does anyone know if the match is going to be televised?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1296113508[/time]

Oops, didn't see the other thread.

LIVE streams at
http://www.nrlfix.com

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/nrl/photos/legends-of-origin/live-video-stream?skin=web

also live on Foxsports 1

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7