Message from Warringah Mayor

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could we build up rat park with the 10 mill pledged by the state and the 10 mill pledged by the commonwealth?

As an aside, Pity that the two local members bronny and tony are so on the nose. No influence at present.

I think it's indicative of the Penn reign that a lot of us believe what the mayor, a politician no less has said without question nor reservation

Such is the level us trust between us as a fanbase and the current administration
You make a pretty good point

Could we build up rat park with the 10 mill pledged by the state and the 10 mill pledged by the commonwealth?

As an aside, Pity that the two local members bronny and tony are so on the nose. No influence at present.
There is no $10 million offer from the state government. That's some sort of urban myth that has formed around this issue.

This proxy war is stupid

Why should the fans be asked to negotiate with the council?

Why not use chelsea developed negotiating skills?

Love Brookvale Oval, but realistically it may be worth considering a joint bit with soccer and union for Rat Park, given the amount of ground surrounding the field for expansion.

So we still have not been able to locate where and how this message came about? Is it even legitimate?

Why is this process so hard and unprofessional from all involved?

So we still have not been able to locate where and how this message came about? Is it even legitimate?

Why is this process so hard and unprofessional from all involved?
Try google - this is from the official Council site - easy search :nod:
Original post link:
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...3:tl_objid.898015160305433&refid=17&__tn__=,;

Plus here:
http://www.warringah.nsw.gov.au/your-council/mayor-and-councillors/mayors-message

Letter to Joe Kelly,
CEO Manly Warringah
Sea Eagles

I note the media statements and press releases and the campaign being encouraged by the Sea Eagles around ground hire fees. To date, neither the General Manager or I have received a formal "in writing" request.

Further I note that as per the email sent to Warringah Council last year (10 April) from Neil Bare Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary for the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles you had no issues with the licence arrangement. You just wanted a clause for naming rights entered into it (which we said has to be a separate agreement) and that in principal we had no objections to naming rights being split 50/50 subject to Council agreeing.

As I have stated publicly and I do so again in this communication to you, I would welcome the offer in writing from you formally as per that described by you and your fans from the website. I will commit to take that offer ($220k plus utilities, plus ground maintenance inside and out) to fellow Councillors, senior staff and the lawyers for a quick decision. There is a Council Meeting on Tue 16 Feb.

Alternatively, I am happy to consider the same offer as per the Manly Warringah
Sea Eagles email from last year re the $375k etc and take that to the Council minus the clause of naming of rights which can be a separate agreement along the lines we have discussed previously.

Time is running out for the Federal Government grant and as you know, they need a project to spend it on before they will hand over the cheque. We have some ideas that we think would be achievable and are more than happy to discuss them with both yourself, the board, and the relevant stakeholders.

It's time we get back to working with each other, to ensure we are able to get further grants from the State and Federal Government that will improve the grounds for the fans and entire northern beaches community.

Michael Regan
[email protected]

Last edited:
So a big change in info from the last release, they are now running with it is the most expensive ground per undercover seat to hire.

Must have been some major fine print we missed on the first release.

There is no $10 million offer from the state government. That's some sort of urban myth that has formed around this issue.
I'm fairly certain that former Labor premier Morris Iemma contributed $6 million, along with another $4 million that was contributed by the administrator of Warringah council, that was around 2007/8. I suppose a lot of that went to the new grandstand extension and I think they have renovated the change rooms as well as a new screen and scoreboard.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7