Message from the CEO

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Matabele link said:
*cue the predictable Fro carp that it is like others' posts*

Sorry Matas, I'm holding fire on the Lowe issue until I see how it pans out.

But thanks for thinking of me :)

Ryan has a point that it would be nice to hear more about sponsors, players, funds etc (basically what a CEO is supposed to do) than about watching and the board hating each other that one percent less. 

Of course, I better not say any of this, because I might dissapoint vid that I apparently no longer 'support the team'.

I will return to my rightful place outside the leagues club, standing there incessantly clapping the mastery that must surely be going on inside. 

Lowe was appointed on 27 November, collapsed at the airport, had an operation, recovered quickly, arrived in Australia at Christmas when the shop was closed, and is now down to business. Anyone who expects him to have arranged Federal funding for Brookie, closed out player retentions with managers on holidays and lined up a raft of sponsors in this period is just not being reasonable. IMO a fair period to make an assessment would be to look for updates during February and specific progress with these types of items by the end of March.

Why are we so concerned about Lowe? Shouldn't we be more worried about the Delmege/Penn fued?

I presume both parties agreed with the Lowe appointment and if he can keep the peace and the board become united then there will be a positive flow throught to the rest of the club, especially the players.

If we see more infighting like last year, you could have the best CEO in the NRL and still fail miserably.

swoop link said:
If we see more infighting like last year, you could have the best CEO in the NRL and still fail miserably.
  We know that from 2009.  Too bad the instigators are yet to acknowledge it or accept accountability.

Ryan link said:
We don't need a re-active CEO. We need a pro-active, and innovative one to make us the market leader in this sport.

Jatz : "I can imagine Ryan right now remonstrating about how we cant spend season 10 with Lowe just observing. Get involved son. KPIs and all. Get up off the floor. Put your stent back in and faaaaarkin get us a premiership ya old bro"

Thats my boy Ryan.

Why is he spending 12 months observing if, by his own admission, he has spent the last 20 years with some kinda sick, stalker fascination?  Surely we don't have to wait 12 months for some leadership.

Matabele link said:
Why is he spending 12 months observing if, by his own admission, he has spent the last 20 years with some kinda sick, stalker fascination?  Surely we don't have to wait 12 months for some leadership.

Exactly..  :-\

Lowe helped bring a welcome atmosphere of connectedness in his last stint.  One memory is that after his arrival the Manly players made a habit of generously applauding the crowd after games, unusual at the time and not so now.  

Rex link said:
Lowe helped bring a welcome atmosphere of connectedness in his last stint.  One memory is that after his arrival the Manly players made a habit of generously applauding the crowd after games, unusual at the time and not so now. 
  Sensational.  So the fans will continue to get a clap whilst our man watches.  Reminds me of Nero and his fiddle.

Might be just me but i did not read he owuld spend the next 12 months observing rather than acting?

lsz link said:
Might be just me but i did not read he owuld spend the next 12 months observing rather than acting?

No Isz, they are taking this part of the letter out of context

"In the lead up to the premiership in 2010 I will assume an observing role but I can promise members, sponsors and supporters that I will doing everything possible to ensure the Sea Eagles continue to be one of the great NRL clubs – on and off the field"

He is of course referring to his intial strategy and something that he has explained to the staff at Narrabeen so that he can get an understanding of how the place works at the moment before suggesting or making changes as and where needed (SOP for a new exec to do of course)

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=182250.msg249027#msg249027 date=1263530030]
Lowe helped bring a welcome atmosphere of connectedness in his last stint.  One memory is that after his arrival the Manly players made a habit of generously applauding the crowd after games, unusual at the time and not so now. 
  Sensational.  So the fans will continue to get a clap whilst our man watches.  Reminds me of Nero and his fiddle.
[/quote]
So you'd prefer a shoot-from-the-hip strategy over one overtly placing value on careful observation of what is actually happening? These are just newspaper words. A football hasn't been kicked and his seat is not even warm.

All these precise analyses and judgements and conclusions drawn - within 2 seconds of Lowe's arrival - and based on very few words said - apart from being hilarious - are quite educational ... about the judgers' anxiety levels and tolerance for ambiguity.

Rex link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182250.msg249031#msg249031 date=1263530517]
[/quote]
So you'd prefer a shoot-from-the-hip strategy over one overtly placing value on careful observation of what is actually happening? These are just newspaper words. A football hasn't been kicked and his seat is not even warm.

All these precise analyses and judgements and conclusions drawn - within 2 seconds of Lowe's arrival - and based on very few words said - apart from being hilarious - are quite educational ... about the judgers' anxiety levels and tolerance for ambiguity.
[/quote]  I think we know this animal pretty well already.  So do Centrelink.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Rex link=topic=182250.msg249038#msg249038 date=1263532982]
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182250.msg249031#msg249031 date=1263530517]
[/quote]

[/quote]  I think we know this animal pretty well already.  So do Centrelink.
[/quote]

Your knowledge of animals is legendary Matas.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2