Message From Max Delmege

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Awesome update HM and thanks!

Thanks to all those who went and did the right thing.

globaleagle said:
Awesome update HM and thanks!

Thanks to all those who went and did the right thing.

You're welcome. I had no clue what they were talking about most of the time. I just put my hand up when Max Delmege did lol

@HappilyManly - Hope it's okay that I copied and pasted the minutes of the meeting on my facebook page? Some of my friends weren't able to make it to the meeting and I am sure they would be interested to know what went on. BTW, I was sitting in the back row right beside you, last night.

$1.1 pa in rent from the club and fitness centre will make it difficult for them to survive long term

DSM5 said:
What's the point of the club?

Well if you listened to Costello last night and what max D had to say the club is there to pay the Penn's rent.
1.1mil club and gym ,plus the rent for the pool which is with a separate contractor to the club and gym. That makes it 1.25 mil per year to the Penn's.
They Paid 7.5 mil for the club. I am told They have loaned the club 6 mil at over 8 per cent
Costello is the Penn's man. That's what they always wanted.

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the commitee and management under Bob Reilly (as Chairman) who sold the club and signed up to these arrangements??? A bit rough to blame Costello for this when he has only been in the chair for a year or two.

The Wheel said:
Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't it the commitee and management under Bob Reilly (as Chairman) who sold the club and signed up to these arrangements??? A bit rough to blame Costello for this when he has only been in the chair for a year or two.

I am note blaming costello for the sale,just saying that Reilly is hated by the penns and they wanted him out of the leagues club at all cost.
They have there man now incharge of the place.
He was makeing changes to the L/C to stop the football club ever geting back the club that pays there rent.
That got voted down.

It was my first experience of this kind of stuff. I tried to keep out of all the internal politics by abstaing from voting on some points. What is clear is that the place is a mess. There are so many agendas and so much conflicting information that to come in once a year and truly grasp the situation is near impossible. I have no idea really who to trust and who to fear. It's a matter of close your eyes and hope for the best i think.

BOZO said:
Who is this Costello Clown ?

Well, apart from some very real issues he has trying to find the Susquehanna Hat Company, it would appear he wasn't able to get his changes off first base.

On a more positive note, he has a good working relationship with Mr Abbott.;)

The Wheel said:

To clarify....Max Delmege did not make mention of the sale of the club in way of criticism of David Costello and the current leagues club board.
Wheel, not sure if you are aware of the circumstances surrounding the why's and how of that sale process but you have my number and I'd be happy to put you in contact with people who were involved who will explain and answer any questions that you as a member have?
Rather, Max was explaining to people the current situation regarding the rent paid from the various tenants in the club building and where that money goes compared with the sale price (i.e. in his mind the purchasers of the building got a good deal rather than the purchase being done through some altruistic endeavour that they are to be applauded for?)

globaleagle said:
So Vid, what d'ya think?

Mate, I think a lot of things....mostly when I'm awake but I guess as I have dreams I must think whilst I'm sleeping...

Seriously though, rather than feed lazy journo's who rely on leaks or trolling through supporters forums to get a story I'd prefer to discuss off-line with members and those who have a genuine interest.

Feel free to PM me with any questions GE?

Phantar said:
BOZO said:
Who is this Costello Clown ?

Well, apart from some very real issues he has trying to find the Susquehanna Hat Company, it would appear he wasn't able to get his changes off first base.

On a more positive note, he has a good working relationship with Mr Abbott.;)
Thanks for the update Phantar :)

This from rothfield

THE Manly Leagues Club AGM during the week was one the most fiery and explosive meetings in club history.

Debbie Reilly wife of now banned former director Bob Reilly, hurled abuse at a number of directors, including the chairman, David Costello OAM. It all exploded while Costello was informing members of a recent Office of Liquor, Gaming and Racing investigation into a range of practices that occurred while Reilly was chairman.

Reilly was warned by Costello that she would be asked to leave the meeting if she continued to disrupt it.

Chris Branson QC, who represents Reilly, was also told on a number of occasions that his comments were out of order and asked to sit down. He ultimately left the meeting.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6