Message from Hoppa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
(You'll have to excuse the spelling errors and spacing problems. It seems to be a trademark these days)

A MESSAGE TO MANLY FANS FROM JOHN HOPOATE - MARCH 23,05
With my career now over on behalf of my family I want to thank the supporters of the Manly Sea Eagles for their support during my career with the greatest club in the world.

I bear no bitterness towards the club for terminating my contract - they had no choice to do what they did.

I knew before I went to the judiciary that my career was over but I was still given the best of legal advice through Alan Sullivan QC and my coach Des Hasler gave me great support.

The Manly club were fantastic in their support.

I want to make it clear that I don't want to go to England to play and I don't want to play with any other club.

My career is over and I have come to terms with that.My life now will revolve around my beautiful wife Brenda and my eight children.

I have asked for this space to be made available so I can - on behalf of my mother Mele and my family - to thank Manly fans for the kind messages during the many turbelent times in my career.

I promise I never tried to maim Keith Galloway.It was simply a shoulder charge gone wrong.In a split second I messed it up and I thank God he isn't badly injured.

People are predicting I will play again.I won't - if I can't play with the club I love then I won't play.

I left once and that was enough.I may have had other colours on for a while but my heart was always with Manly.I have played for Manly for NSW and for Australia and I'm proud of that.

Please don't feel sorry for me.I am now prepared for retirement with a clear mind and proud that I will always be welcome at the Manly club.

I would also like to thank my team mates who have been with me through the good and bad times.My best wishes go to Manly for what I know will be a successful season.....I'll be at Brookie cheeering them on.Thank You.
JOHN HOPOATE

MEDIA RELEASE - MARCH 22,2005
After consultation with player John Hopoate,his manager Wayne Beavis and the Board of the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Ltd,the club today terminated John Hopoate's contract.

Hopoate was signed to the Sea Eagles for the 2005 season.

Given the player's previous record,the Board of the club was left with no alternative but to take the action it did following a charge of striking imposed on Hopoate by the NRL video review committee.

The decision reached is unfortunate for both the player and the club.

"Manly have made a great start to the season and we look forward to more success in the coming weeks and months ahead,"Manly's Executive Director Paul Cummings said.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

His heart was always in the right place. It's a shame a few actions ruined his career. Players like Greg Bird need to take note. He kneed a player, and has been given time off for THREE lifting tackles on seperate occassions. His career is headig exactly the same way...and he is only 20!!!

Its extremely sad that was an accident is what ended his career though

I want ot know, where the hell do the roosters get their QC's from??? I honestly cant believe that a high tackle is taken as a bigger damage to the game than being arrested outside a club banned Night Club.

ALL FORMS OF MEDIA>>>> GET SOME PERSPECTIVE!

im insulted that Chan only got two weeks which looked much worse. If Hoppa did that theyd hang him.

Well said Hoppa. He always played with passion and committment, but it had to be the end, and it seems as though he realises it. Good to see he still loves the Mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.

He always gave me pleasure when he played the game properly. His note is a very nice touch and good luck to him and his family.

Sad day for the club. No matter your opinion he gave 100% on the field and he will be missed.
I will never forget his work in 94 - 97.

hence my post on Pet Players, i tried to leave Hoppa out of it, but goes to show. Imagine if a "lesser light" than crocker did what he did, or a leaguie, got pissed and kicked in a car while on duty !BDH! !BDH! !BDH! for NSW !!!!

Imagine... if hoppa was accused of RAPE??????? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4