Merritt chosen for Origin 2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
Nathan Merritt has beaten Jorge for the NSW wing spot for origin 2. LOL .... Here comes 8 in a row.

Well there will be plenty of trys on that side of the field. I just dont think Merrit will score more than he lets in.

You've got to give the guy a go, he has been leading try scorer or thereabouts for years now. Let's see how he goes. Put it this way he could be no worse than Quinn and Turner.

He could be just what we need, a back up merchant who can sniff around Lewis, Bird and Gallen.

merrits good, experienced, a first class winger and can fill in at Fb if dugan aggravates the ankle. Good choice. Congrats to the guy

He's a good player,no doubt,and has earned his chance.That said,souffs supporters have been whinging about him not being picked for years.Here's his chance.If he's a success,good luck to him.If he's a failure,that will (should) shut the whingers up for good.

I think it is a good choice, he has consistently performed well over the last few seasons and deserves a shot at SOO. It's a shame as Ferguson had a good 1st game but i think Merritt will perform well for the Blues. Taufua is one for the future though, maybe a season or two away atm

Merritt may not be everyone's first choice but still can't believe that some people think Taufua should be selected in front of him. Jorge has got problems when the other team has the ball that are way worst than even Uate at the moment. In a few years time could be a different story but for now I'm glad he's not picked as what almost certainly would happen to him would put his game back and the lost of confidence would be damaging i would think.

Merritt has earned a call up after many years of performing well at club level, but I don't get the comments in media about Merritt's prevoius nono selection as possible racism??

WESTIE said:
Does Hodges play on the same side of the field ??

No, I'm pretty sure Inglis does :s

While Merritt is a solid club player, he just doesn't strike me as origin material. I remember a few years ago another set of supporters whinged for years that one of their players 'must' be picked for origin...J Soward anyone??? Hopefully this doesn't go the same way.

Merritt may not be everyone's first choice but still can't believe that some people think Taufua should be selected in front of him. Jorge has got problems when the other team has the ball that are way worst than even Uate at the moment. In a few years time could be a different story but for now I'm glad he's not picked as what almost certainly would happen to him would put his game back and the lost of confidence would be damaging i would think.

Merritt has earned a call up in my opinion after many years of performing well at club level, I'd don't think he will be the sole reason for NSW losing if that happens in Game 2. Plenty of the team always contribute to a lost, that's why it's called a team sport

Good on him I reckon it's a good selection. He'll be alright playing outside B Morris who is in red hot form Defensively and can do the jumping also. He just needs to finish off well. I'll tip a double for him on debut.

In my opinion, both Uate and Taufua are good ball runners but are too timid for the origin arena. Merrit is just cocky enough to perform well. And he's been doing it for years.

I thought Daley would send an SOS to Hoppa Jnr. Get him to leave the mission for a couple of weeks ;)

Congrats to Merritt, well deserved.

bones said:
Nathan Merritt has beaten Jorge for the NSW wing spot for origin 2. LOL .... Here comes 8 in a row.

Yes, 8 Sea Eagles wins in row. The boys will be fresh as daisies against these tired origin heroes.

NYEagle

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8