Merged DCE News Threads and Comments

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
Message from the Club, Re DCE

This is what our COO David Perry said about the Cherry-Evans contract speculation:

"Daly Cherry-Evans has always been a key priority for the club and we are working closely with Daly's manager to ensure his long term career with the Sea Eagles."

"Daly has expressed his desire to stay with the club and we are doing everything possible to make it happen. We are confident of a positive resolution."

I think it's about time Perry has written something on the matter. Now for some action. We already know that DCE (and his manager) are not happy with Manly's current offer of 120k/pa over four years. Time to bite the bullet and offload one or two older statesman - as hard, and perhaps, undeserved as that is. No one is our current squad deserves not to be re-signed.

RE: Message from the Club, Re DCE

"Daly has expressed his desire to stay with the club"

That must have been right after he asked for a release ;)

Fro said:
re-signed

;)

Jatz Crackers said:
simon_eagle said:
We already know that DCE (and his manager) are not happy with Manly's current offer of 120k/pa over four years.

WTF ?

According to fox last night - view the video clip provided. It does sound awfully low, I realise. Would our Club really insult DCE like that? Or maybe that is all we can afford... who knows?

Kiwi Eagle said:
Eagerly await the various drama queens take on this statement

I think it's a positive statement, but then again, most press relaeses are positive.

simon_eagle said:
Fro said:
re-signed

;)

Jatz Crackers said:
simon_eagle said:
We already know that DCE (and his manager) are not happy with Manly's current offer of 120k/pa over four years.

WTF ?

According to fox last night - view the video clip provided. It does sound awfully low, I realise. Would our Club really insult DCE like that? Or maybe that is all we can afford... who knows?

It is low but that's what he signed before he played first grade. I hope we can bump it up to something decent for the next 2 years of the current contract but as his manager said it was the highest offer on the table at the time he signed it.

One thing I've really learnt is football fans as a majority are f**king dumb. They read headlines not the whole story and they believe everything the read in the paper or see on tv.

Cletus said:
simon_eagle said:
Fro said:
re-signed

;)

Jatz Crackers said:
simon_eagle said:

WTF ?

It is low but that's what he signed before he played first grade. I hope we can bump it up to something decent for the next 2 years of the current contract but as his manager said it was the highest offer on the table at the time he signed it.

From what I took from that clip, and indeed what they "reported", was that the 120k/pa is the NEW deal struck by the Club. I have read that he is on 85k/pa currently.

The rugby league world knows that DCE is worth more than 120k. We knew that after only a few rounds of last season..

Cambo said:
One thing I've really learnt is football fans as a majority are f**king dumb. They read headlines not the whole story and they believe everything the read in the paper or see on tv.

I wouldn't restrict this notion to just football fans. The majority of people in society are morons who will happily vote for a fool like Tony Abbott at the next general election... oooops, wrong forum ;-)

Just release a presser wtih some confirmed news.. I don't really care for media chest beating, shonky agents or any of the peripheral, the club has been talking about re-signings for months and we still have nada. It's a distraction off the footy for fans and players and could threaten our season if we let it keep heading the way the media is dragging it.

Dave perry may be a very smart operator, but this situation was apparent and going to happen as soon as hasler left, so why it wasn't dealt with before season kick off is beyond me.

Cambo said:

So it isn't true that his manager has requested a release from his contract for next year??

I agree, he isn't being paid enough. No doubt about it. But it would appear a release has been requested and as a Manly supporter that is big news.

Sadly, it appears we are going to lose players from a championship team and more sadly those decisions may have to be made at the wrong end of the season .

simon_eagle said:
Cletus said:
simon_eagle said:
Fro said:
re-signed

;)

Jatz Crackers said:
simon_eagle said:

WTF ?

From what I took from that clip, and indeed what they "reported", was that the 120k/pa is the NEW deal struck by the Club. I have read that he is on 85k/pa currently.

The rugby league world knows that DCE is worth more than 120k. We knew that after only a few rounds of last season..

Cambo said:

I wouldn't restrict this notion to just football fans. The majority of people in society are morons who will happily vote for a fool like Tony Abbott at the next general election... oooops, wrong forum ;-)

Lets leave politics out of this forum, this is for Manly supporters not Labor or Liberal

Abbott better come across with the funds for the revamp of Brookie.

DSM5 said:

I guess it all depends on what sort of budget deficit his predecessor leaves him.

DSM5 said:

You're having a laugh. He only promises these things in elections where he’s not tipped to win. On the budget, there will be do deficit at all, thanks largely to the Libs/Greens not supporting the company tax cut rate. Own goal I’m afraid.

Look in my humble opinion and from the outside looking in the Manly club stuff around too long in signing up and bedding down matters. I have always detected that level of procrastination within the club, HOWEVER in their defence I think they are probably really panicking now.

Daly is on $85K and his value is probably work say $400-$500k (at an educated guess), now back when he was signed, even with a good few year, the club would never in their wildest dreams expected his value to raise to half a million.

In my opinion that is a hell of a lot of cash, that is tied up, and essentially unavailable and they are in a bind.

We are all in a bind cos he will walk I am certain of it :huh:

simon_eagle said:
DSM5 said:

You're having a laugh. He only promises these things in elections where he’s not tipped to win. On the budget, there will be do deficit at all, thanks largely to the Libs/Greens not supporting the company tax cut rate. Own goal I’m afraid.

If that is what your rusted-on opinions make you believe. Fact is that the budget will be missing significant elements that should be present and affecting the bottom line, which will instead be move to 'forward forecasts' or somehow be assigned in different buckets.

The money the Govt splashed around for 'Building Australia' should have seen something like Brookvale get a major do-over, but like all sides of Govt, the money largely appears to have been used for sandbagging marginal and minority party seats.

Sux to be in a safe Lib area these days.

simon_eagle said:
DSM5 said:

Is it safe to say that you work in a government related job Simon?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4