Memories

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
So I let my 8 year old stay up for the whole game tonight, all decked out in his number 7 retro jumper he had just received for his birthday.

And he was in raptures with a 56-0 flogging.

Probably the best experience of watching Manly (mainly just the joy of a huge flogging through my son's eyes) since the 1996 GF and that 61-0 shellacking of St George.

You did him a missive favor mata.

I remember my old man letting me stay up sometimes at that age.

Some of the best times of my life feeling like a man watching the footy with dad.

He'd watch all 8 games every weekend if I'd let him.

But Manly already has a special place in his heart - sitting there with maroon trackies, Manly shirt cap and watch!

Nice......

I watched the 1st game of footy tonight (Melb/Rabbits), and Ethan said nothing. When The Manly game came on, he jumped up out of the couch and yelled:-

"Eagleeeees !!!!!"

He's 4 !!! What a good kid !!!

He'd watch all 8 games every weekend if I'd let him.

But Manly already has a special place in his heart - sitting there with maroon trackies, Manly shirt cap and watch!
Not to mention Monaghan voodoo doll and infalatable Ballin what a weekend to be had in the mata household.

There was a little fella about 5 on the hill last night having a ball.

At the start of the match he fired up louder than any other bugger on the hill. Had a grin from ear to ear at the end too.

I'm hopeful that last nights defensive weaknesses from Matai were just rust from sitting out so long. Overall I thought he went reasonably well. I think he'll have to be on his defensive game on Friday night as the Tigers prey on the defensive weaknesses of teams. They wait for the mistakes rather than push forward. Last night I saw a kid aged about six months decked out in jump suit with a peaked cap, obvioulsy home knitted in maroon and white stripes, very nice.

Your right there DSM, The Tigers carved the Panthers through that channel the other night so Matai will have his hands full with Collis.

On the attack side of things, Matai and Robertson seem to be back to where they left off last season, they are forming a damn good combination out on the left hand side

This Matai thing is interesting IMO, had a look on NRL stats and he did miss 5 tackles (orford missed 6). What i find interesting is Matai when he is on, his defence is good. So would sides deliberately target him in defence! whilst I hope that last night was a case of clearing the rust he is more than capable of putting an attacker on their backside with a great deal of force.

The thing is if you were Collis next week and had to line up against Matai, I don't know that you would particularly like the idea of running at Matai all night thinking that he is suspect in defence.

on a side note Matai made 181 metres last night (B Stewart 157m, Watmough 136m) well done!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6