• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
As the place is a bit quiet with the bye and all just thought I would start a thread about things you have seen in games that have stuck in your memory

Just to get the ball rolling I recall a game in the late 80's I think where John Dorahy (Joe cool) playing for Illawarra picked up a ball in his own deadball area and just stopped. The other team (might even have been us) assumed that the ref had blown his whistle and did not tackle him. He proceeded to run the length of the field to score. Allways thought what a great footy brain he had.

while my memories are a little vague when it comes to specific plays, i did love Geoff Toovey and the way he always got smashed but still got up to play the ball. Toughest little hooker/half to ever run around.

1. Ridge 'playing-on' after getting tackled in the '96 GF - we scored shortly after.
2. Ridge kicking the ball out of the Dragon's player's hands as he was about to score in the '96 GF
3. Manly smashing the Dragons 64-0 in the mid-90s
4. Watching Manly smash Norths 36-6 at NSO in the mid-90s
5. Spud absolutely smashing Harrigan in one tackle up at Newcastle one Friday night in '90s.
6. Every 'Lyons to Menzies' play there ever was.
7. The sideline conversion by Reeves at full-time to draw with Brisbane one glorious Sunay afternoon at Brookie a few years ago.

2. Ridge kicking the ball out of Mundine's hands as he was about to score in the '06 GF
7. The sideline conversion (I think by Willo) at full-time to draw with Brisbane one glorious Sunay afternoon at Brookie a few years ago.
I am guessing that you mean the 96' GF - i dont think Ridge kicked it out then, i thought it was against the Broncs?

And it was who Brendan Reeves kicked the goal from the sideline.
I remember being down 26-8 with about 20 to go, and Tezza pushing off Tallis to run 50m and score in the corner to level it up.

Thanks Pepi - yep that was a typo - meant '96 GF. Really? I had thought it was in that GF when the Dragons player was stretching out for the line.
Yep, Reeves sounds better - had forgotten about him. From the right hand side was the toughest kick in the game. I was right behind him. But the game I was talking about was when WE tied it up right at the end, no?

[quote author=Crusher Cleal]

that was 61 - 0 crusher, Ridge kicked a field goal in the first half as I recall.

[/quote]
Geez you guys are tough markers! I've never been good with stats. You all know which game I was referring to though. Loved every minute of that one.

i always remember toovies try against the panthers in 95(?).from the scrum base he stepped and jinxed and pushed away 4 or 5 defenders 1 at a time from his own half around the 40 m mark to score or to set up a try.anyone remember?
also,in 93(?) i think against the raiders when meninga had made a a break and was looking for support and toovey picked him up and drove him back 3 metres.it was around the time we were coach by lowe.

[quote author=Fro]
[quote author=Crusher Cleal]

that was 61 - 0 crusher, Ridge kicked a field goal in the first half as I recall.

[/quote]
Geez you guys are tough markers! I've never been good with stats. You all know which game I was referring to though. Loved every minute of that one.

[/quote]

Sure do crush, was a great afternoon, was the only game I got to that year and came down with a mate of mine who was a St George fan, he was about to jump the fence and show the dragons how to tackle. A great day.

Got to keep you on your toes :)

I remember the Newcastle-Manly games of the late nineties with Spud and the Chief just absolutely going hammer and tongs. Spud had that cut under his eye that seemed to open up any time someone even came near him. Who could forget the hit after the kickoff between the two when they basically knocked each other out.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4