Membership Question for Larissa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
I was thinking after Friday night about how big our support base is in QLD
and was wondering if you would know roughly what percentage of our 10000+ Members are based in QLD

I would be surprised if it wasnt atleast 10%

Yes Cam, there's huge numbers on my data base that come from areas such as Ballina, Lennox, Lismore etc etc.

I roughly know how many "Country" members there are, so I don't think it's 10% but Larissa will be the one to answer that.

The problem we (they as in MWSE and me) have is there are massive numbers who attend the games up here that we (collectivly) have no contact with....you might remember in 2009 we had some cards printed out with both the MWSE website listed and my contact details as "QLD Rep" printed....I had as heap of people help me hand them out to everyone with an Eagles Jersey that came through the doors (we had people at each end).....we handed out over 3000 cards.....and the message which was verbally stated to them on the night was " please make contact with us so we can tell you all about what's happening when the Eagles come to Queensland, details on the card".

The result......I maybe added 40 people to my data base (which is why I wouldn't do that again).

It frustrates the hell out of me all this, this is the reason I set up the MWTS group in the first place....to fill the away bays at away games and yet there are literally thousands that attend the games who don't have a clue who we are and what we do nor di they chose to join us in the away bays, so they choose to buy seats where ever (usually amongst opposition fans) and in my humble opin ion miss out on so much of the fun.

The "away supporters bays" have worked well and the numbers grow in these all the time BUT how the heck do we get to the thousands that remain "unconnected"????

Perhaps (like Technical Coach) they wish to be unconnected...and if that's the case fair enough and each to their own, not everyone wants to be in the middle of the screaming yelling chanting MWTS group (although those that do just love it).

Sorry guys RANT over!

Yes mate, lots of new faces...but not new additions to my data base....just people that had never done any trips before and were drawn to the seating advantage.

I think many look at where we end up sitting (at times) and say "it's a better view from half way" and so do their own thing...and I can't but agree to that (view wise).

BUT that's not what the MWTS is all about.

We are there for the good times, and to make a heap of noise so the players don't feel "alone" away from home...thats the basis for the MWTS concept.

I don't know about you, but I recorded the game, got up on Saturday and watched the game and you get a much better, closer view and can see all the great stuff happen BUT....nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) can compare to sitting in the middle of the MWTS "lunatics" at a game...it's just the best thing you'll ever do (football wise).

AND who cares if you miss a few things at the game, record it and watch it when you get home.

Hi all,

Of our overall membership base, close to 13% reside interstate, 7% in QLD.

Of our pool of prospects we communicate to weekly, close to 20% live interstate. I dont have a figure on the percentage of those that live in QLD.

Just in my experience, everyone enjoys their football in very different ways. Some love sitting behind the goals and going berserk, others prefer those around them to be quiet so they can concentrate on the game play.

This is what makes marketing membership and ticketing such a challenge, you need to try to connect with supporters who have vastly different expectations and desires.

Anyway... better get back to it.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Larissa said:
Hi all,

Of our overall membership base, close to 13% reside interstate, 7% in QLD.

Of our pool of prospects we communicate to weekly, close to 20% live interstate. I dont have a figure on the percentage of those that live in QLD.

Just in my experience, everyone enjoys their football in very different ways. Some love sitting behind the goals and going berserk, others prefer those around them to be quiet so they can concentrate on the game play.

This is what makes marketing membership and ticketing such a challenge, you need to try to connect with supporters who have vastly different expectations and desires.

Anyway... better get back to it.

Go Manly!

Larissa

Thanks for such a swift reply.

You guys are obviously doing a great job to have the growth you have had this year.

Fluffy said:
They have achieved almost as much growth as a ladyboy does with cambo.

your an idiot gav
im sure u and KE are closet cases the way you two always rave about them

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7