Membership Pledge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not very impressed with this pledge scheme if it involves 'pledgers' getting additional benefits, either this year or in future. Fair enough the club wants to know if we are going to start hassling them for refunds, but just suck it up. Personally I would be very surprised if many fans actually did that, given the unique circumstances.
But surely the club isn't proposing to effectively penalise loyal fans who don't pledge, by denying them benefits that pledgers get? If that occurred it would be slap in the face for any member who has not pledged (and there would be many possible reasons why they haven't), yet has still paid top dollar in good faith, has not indicated they want any refund, despite fully expecting we won't be able to attend any games this year.
It is writing the loyalty equation upside down.

I'm not very impressed with this pledge scheme if it involves 'pledgers' getting additional benefits, either this year or in future. Fair enough the club wants to know if we are going to start hassling them for refunds, but just suck it up. Personally I would be very surprised if many fans actually did that, given the unique circumstances.
But surely the club isn't proposing to effectively penalise loyal fans who don't pledge, by denying them benefits that pledgers get? If that occurred it would be slap in the face for any member who has not pledged (and there would be many possible reasons why they haven't), yet has still paid top dollar in good faith, has not indicated they want any refund, despite fully expecting we won't be able to attend any games this year.
Agree. There's been no talk from the club or NRL yet about any sort of refunds. Who know's what will happen. And surely there will be many who will not request a refund for some reason or another and these people will miss out on the benefits that pledges get.

Yeah, I feel like it's a bit of a tricky situation. You can obviously see where the club is coming from where they are wanting to reward people who have pledged, but can also see how it is a bit of a slap in the face for those who may not be in a position to pledge. However, I'm presuming refunds will be issued to those who don't pledge. Would be good for the club to confirm that is the case but I think the NRL must be helping all clubs come together to be on a united front when it comes to tackling the refund issue so I guess Manly might have to wait until that is finalised before guaranteeing anything. I think I heard the Raiders were doing a similar thing to us, but people had to pay extra to get their names on the jersey. Not sure if they did anything like our pledges

Anyways, still think it is a hard situation because I don't think there's a way the club can satisfy both parties - either pledgers would get no benefit but non-pledgers would not be disadvantaged, or vice versa. Can definitely see both sides though

However, I'm presuming refunds will be issued to those who don't pledge.
I haven't pledged but I don't want a refund! It never even was a possibility that I would seek a refund.

I'm sure the owners are under pressure ...like everyone else.But let's remember that a membership' is really a game package to watch the Sea Eagles at Brookie (plus a cap etc)

Why not simply apologise to members for this disaster that is obviously not the club's fault, invite any who want to cancel to contact them to discuss, and meanwhile stress how valuable/vital our membership contributions are and assure us they will do everything possible to give us some value

As it is I feel a bit like, one minute I'm a proud and valued gold member who can't wait to get to Brookie, next minute not only am I unable to go to the games but now I am somehow one level below the really valued members!

I don’t think there will be refunds for members who have not pledged. Pro-rata refunds (we did have 1 home game) would be given once the club know if there will be no spectators at grounds for the entire season AND the member has written or called asking for a refund.

pledgemultisurfacecleanerspray.png

Great news for our Born and Bred and Travelling members you can now make a membership pledge! You would have got an email from the club today!

You will get your name on the special membership jersey later in the year and also get the opportunity to buy the limited jersey that won’t be available for retail!

Great news for our Born and Bred and Travelling members you can now make a membership pledge! You would have got an email from the club today!

You will get your name on the special membership jersey later in the year and also get the opportunity to buy the limited jersey that won’t be available for retail!
just pledged my granddaughters born & bred membership. looking forward to seeing her name on the jersey that i will now no doubt have to buy

Very nicely done by Manly. Being o/s it certainly helps to feel a part of the club. I wasn't going to ask for a refund and it's nice to be included with all the other members!

The form is a 30 second job as well:

Name, membership number, email addy, number of memberships pledging, tick I agree to pledge...and finally the "I'm not a robot" verification tick. (which was awkward as I am a sentient A.I being and you're all part of my - let's say matrix.)

Done!

So to all those at the headquarters who made it happen and Mr Cuzzo and especially our liaison committee champs @The Wheel and @Mitch , thank you!

As far as I can tell what you have to do is....

not ask for a refund even though you will probably not be getting to go to games this year.

PS: non ticked members don't need to pledge, nor print out a thank you note, nor get a vid to watch as we haven't bought any game tickets, and are generally meaningless dill pickles. lol
Ohhhh got you. Yeah that was never going to be an issue, sorted it last week

Not sure I need another jersey with my name on it, but I'm delighted at the thought of many others having a jersey with my name on it

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2