Membership Pledge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When someone mentioned this a couple of months ago my first thought was "wtf... I didn't even think of asking for a refund." I mean ... I got all the stuff I paid for just not getting games on tv.

I understand other people's situations may be different though. Anyway, it was more a 'what? Oh yeah... I guess some people might be wanting to see what's happening."

~I have over explained this~

No, all good , most on here would be the same BUT we do have to understand if you’ve lost your job, and are financially strapped then getting a refund ( or asking for it ) shouldn’t be seen as a cop out.

Great to see of members pledging their support to the club. If you haven’t pledged yet think about it over the weekend.

Here is something to think about over the weekend

Especially for the ones thinking what am I getting out of my 2020 club membership investment ?

The 2020 club membership Investment is one of the most important Investments in the history of our great club

The 2020 club membership investment will go along way to help secure our clubs future

What are loyal and dedicated club members getting out of their 2020 club membership investment ?

Something North Sydney fans dont have and that is a NRL club to support
northsydneybears-415x292.jpg

Great to see of members pledging their support to the club. If you haven’t pledged yet think about it over the weekend.

As the ladies say... "Cor, that @Mitch is a good sort!!!!"
(I don't know what ladies say...sorry)

Except he said this:
"Membership isn’t solely about your regular game day seat, the hat ......"

HOW DARE HE!

"Pledge your membership - so Manly can win a premiership!"

:copyright: (ge)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: It's probably been posted before, but here's the site info about the pledge.

Also:

If I am a non-ticketed Member, can I Pledge?
The 2020 Sea Eagles Membership Pledge is available to Members that hold Memberships that have a benefit of access to (3) or more games at this time. For more information on how a non-ticketed Member or a Sea Eagles fan can support the Club, please visit our website where there is a ‘Support the Club’ section on the home page.

Last edited:
Can we do this? From todays SMH:

The Raiders have been asking for donations of $250 or more from supporters to have their name featured on a playing jersey this year. The initiative has already banked more than $42,000.

Can we do this? From todays SMH:

The Raiders have been asking for donations of $250 or more from supporters to have their name featured on a playing jersey this year. The initiative has already banked more than $42,000.
I will find out but the club already had options on the Sport s Foundation where you can donate and get tax rebate

So how does this work exactly?

If I don't pledge my membership then will it be refunded in full even though I have been to one home game already and have received my merchandise? Or would they do a partial refund?

What happens if things improve to the point where we can attend games at Lottoland this season? If I have pledged my membership do i get to attend using my membership that I have pledged and if I have not pledged then would I have to buy another membership or else buy entry to the game?

And how will membership numbers work this year? If I don't pledge then will I not be counted as a member this year and hence will be removed from the membership number tally?

I'm not sure how it will work. I assumed it was simply the club asking for confirmation that we won't be seeking a refund, so they have a little clarity about the member funds they've raised. Because technically I suppose people who bought memberships may be entitled to one. I won't be seeking a refund (though I haven't got around to 'pledging')

So how does this work exactly?

If I don't pledge my membership then will it be refunded in full even though I have been to one home game already and have received my merchandise? Or would they do a partial refund?

If you want / need a refund you'll probably have to email the club about that. I believe if you don't pledge nor ask for a refund, the club will assume you're ok with letting them keep your money.

What happens if things improve to the point where we can attend games at Lottoland this season?

You'll get to see a few mighty Manly wins.

If I have pledged my membership do i get to attend using my membership that I have pledged

Yes

and if I have not pledged then would I have to buy another membership or else buy entry to the game?

No, assuming you haven't been given any refunds, your membership remains 'in play.'

And how will membership numbers work this year?

Still using the laws of basic addition (lol). cough

If I don't pledge then will I not be counted as a member this year

Unless you've received a refund, you will be counted as a member.

and hence will be removed from the membership number tally?

No, because... unless you received a refund, you have still paid to be a member, pledge or no pledge.

as @SeaEagleRock8 said, it gives the club an idea on how many people don't want a refund. Also, "pledgers" seem to be getting a certificate and possible some other benefits next year.

This is my take on it.

The maroon type is my take on things.

Obviously this isn't official but my expectation is if by some miracle there are games spectators can attend before seasons end all of us members will be fine to go. Don't see spectators being allowed back though but who knows. But the club just needs some financial surety on how many fans are going to ask for a refund before it does its financials for the year.

Anyway I'm not bothered either way - I have membership for myself and 3 kids and am happily donating it.

My biggest fear is the club comes through this so financially weak it will be like the early 2000's all over again. Every bit helps.

Everyone who made the pledge will start getting emails and certificates from today. Extract;

By pledging your 2020 Membership fee, you will ensure our Club emerges from this unprecedented time, in the best shape possible and gives immense support to our existing business areas.

Attached to this email is your 2020 Membership Pledge Certificate.

We would like to further recognise your commitment sometime this season and in season 2021. We will confirm the details on how we do so, over the coming months.

Hi all Members

Last chance to make your pledge to our great club and also to get your name on our jersey (you can also get the chance to buy the jersey). Check out the article

Hi all Members

Last chance to make your pledge to our great club and also to get your name on our jersey (you can also get the chance to buy the jersey). Check out the article

For some reason I cant put in a pre order request. Everytime I do, the NRL site says, sorry, we dropped the ball and cant load the page that I am looking for

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4