membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I feel the NRL's generail puch on membership this year has increased substantially and as such a lot more borderline people at all clubs are signing up.

I know at my work people are discussing it, something that hasnt happened in previous years.

Auto renewal should just be the way it is...either direct debit to your account or with a credit card...the whole approach of having to submit everything each year is a pain in the bum.

You should only have to contact them if you want to change, ie downgrade or upgrade

Agreed Mark, I'd just roll it over and so would my kids.  I'm sick of nagging them.  They'll join up but with a roll over on a credit card or such it sure would make life easier.  And with these statistics, They're only valid if they show how much membership costs.  What's the point of comparison if Souths membership is worth one dollar. 

Hey Berkeley, I'm not sure where on the NRL site you get the member numbers from but can you do an update and maybe drop the link in?

cheers

Couple of issues with auto enroll

1. You need to get all members to re-accept the terms and conditions (not a huge issue but would need to be done next year)
2. There is an argument within loyalty circles that auto renew (whilst sensible from a financial model) does not effectively engage members i.e. the act of purchase is a powerful act in gaining customer loyalty

ladder_03032011.jpg

Well something is certainly working. Over the last couple of years I was starting to wonder if Manly fans just weren't into membership, our numbers were almost embarrassingly low. Now we've shot right up, only the Warriors have (very slightly) better increase.

I wonder what the secret recipe was? Similar growth over the next couple of years will be a great boost for the club.

Has anyone received the free under 9 kids memberships yet ?  Can't remember if they said they were going to be delivered before the season start ,or first Brookie home game ? 

Well of course , your in brisbane and im in western sydney....you got yours on friday , so i'd guess-timate tuesday, for mine then - LOL -

this is a good result but lest not get carried away

id like to see membership revenue dollars compared to last year

i think we have given a ****load of free memberships away

Cambo link said:
this is a good result but lest not get carried away

id like to see membership revenue dollars compared to last year

i think we have given a s**tload of free memberships away

around 1500 when at 7000 cambo, so maybe 2000 at most based on those numbers, still leaves us 1000 up

In membership / loyalty land there is a term called "halo effect" i.e. the impact on other areas apart from where the direct action took place

In isolation free membership can be a costly and ineffective exercise however it may be beneficial in other areas.

Take myself, a non member who signed up my son. The club now has the ability to market to me (and all my details) for relatively nothing..they could market memberships, children clothes etc in a much more targeted fashion

The cost of my details is far more than a token membership - therefore the larger "halo" effect

ramble over...

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10