Membership numbers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I work in a liquor store and I got the club to drop off about 200 membership brochures about 6 weeks ago, we've nearly given them all away. Hopefully it boosts the membership numbers by a few more.
Every little bit counts!

Blake link said:
I work in a liquor store and I got the club to drop off about 200 membership brochures about 6 weeks ago, we've nearly given them all away. Hopefully it boosts the membership numbers by a few more.
Every little bit counts!
It certainly does - good onya Blake, well done!

P.S. Maybe they'll give you another 200. With Xmas/New Yr approaching, a liquor store would give great exposure for membership brochures.

NOT having a membership manager, right at the time we needed one, would have impacted on numbers. Sarah Brady left some time ago and the new person (to be announced) does not start until the 1st of December and not having someone at the helm during this valuable pre season time would not have been much help.

And there is no doubt that the actions of the club admin during 2010 has really pissed some people off, and that's going to take time to heal.....WAMF is a good example of that, but heal he will, it's just a matter of time.

We were very lucky to have someone of Aaron Markie's passion involved for so long, but it's also a warning in that every staff member isn't going to love the team as much as he did, and for many (such as Aaron's replacement who has just left) it's "just a job".

Aaron put in 135% effort, way way above what anyone else will possibly ever do, but by doing that he created a rod for his back and made whomever followed seem "pretty average" by comparison, they are bloody big shoes to fill!

But I think the membership packages in 2011 are fantastic, especially the "country" membership...and I think once the 2011 ticks over and the excitment that builds with the season just around the corner that our membership numbers will do ok.

I urge you to spread the word, build the brand, and do all you can to continue making this great club of ours ever greater.

Copa Eagle link said:
we dont target anyone bar members that are already existing members, the average manly supporter would not know were to look if they were wanting to get a membership its ludicrous, they need to pick up their game !

I don't think that is the reason for many people Copa?

In 08 the number of hits on the official website went through the roof until well after the Grand Final and including the world Club challenge in Feb.

Membership was heavily promoted on there and people would have seen it.

Since then the NRL has spent millions advertising and promoting club membership over the last 2 seasons so anyone watching a game on TV would have heard Ray Warren and Sterlo et al promoting membership.

TV viewers would have seen adverts featuring Del Sailor or Matt Johns spruiking the importance of membership on a regular basis as would those watching Wide World of Sport, The footy show, Sunday Roast or any of the Fox sports channels and NRL programs on there.

There have been regular ads on the radio and in the popular papers and NRL magazines and there have been outbound call centre promotions and direct mail shots.

At our club we have seen people emailed from Des asking them why they are not members and all manner or niche and wider audience promotions.

There are regular promos at games home and away for Eagles memberships, there have been flyers given out locally at high pedestrian traffic areas like Warringah Mall and aspects such as “member get member” promotions nationally with incentives and members asked to provide contact details of other fans to help spread the word.

There are numerous facebook sites, forums and email group accounts that Manly supporters have joined in big numbers and appear to view or receive info on (such as twitter etc)

There has been all manner of promotions so I could understand that people may not want to join or can’t afford to or see value of in some cases or are just too plain tight or lazy but to say a person who is passionate about the game or club wouldn’t know how to join would surprise me?

copa  i noticed that too mate (his legs)  , i didnt want to say  it.. but your right  ,no muscle there at all..  plus who knows when that pic was actually taken  for that advertisement it might not  be as recent as what we both think, (hope so)....

jjai link said:
copa  i noticed that too mate (his legs)  , i didnt want to say  it.. but your right  ,no muscle there at all..  plus who knows when that pic was actually taken  for that advertisement it might not  be as recent as what we both think, (hope so)....

If you notice his latest pics in the manly daily (on the website ) or even on MWSE Site, you can notice hes much larger than what he looks like in the membership photo, how can i put photos up so i can show you guys !

So, today is the 1/12. I wonder if the new membership mgr is enjoying their first day on the job?
I hope they make an appearance on this forum, once they are settled, to try and build back the rapport that was lost?

In response to Marks post, why wasn't the CEO picking up the pieces after Sarah departed?
Is the membership dept not important enough?

WAMF link said:
So, today is the 1/12. I wonder if the new membership mgr is enjoying their first day on the job?
I hope they make an appearance on this forum, once they are settled, to try and build back the rapport that was lost?

In response to Marks post, why wasn't the CEO picking up the pieces after Sarah departed?

G'day mate, Hope all is going OK and G'day to Mrs WAMF
I'm meeting with the new membership manager on Friday, I've met her once already breifly and we've spoken by phone.
Leave it with me?
Re the CEO - I'm guessing he's had a fair bit on with CEO's conference, independant commission etc etc - we do of course still have Nat and the team who will be no doubt doing a sterling job with renewing peoples seated memberships and soprting that side out?
Cheers
Vid

vidmar link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185975.msg308155#msg308155 date=1291165486]

I'm meeting with the new membership manager on Friday, I've met her once already breifly and we've spoken by phone.
Leave it with me?
Re the CEO - I'm guessing he's had a fair bit on with CEO's conference, independant commission etc etc - we do of course still have Nat and the team who will be no doubt doing a sterling job with renewing peoples seated memberships and soprting that side out?
Cheers
Vid
[/quote]

Spoke to them today to fix something on my pet membership, my pup is still complaining of not being able to use the forum on the MWSE site :p

Also pointed out a thing for them as they were having trouble with the membership site (for those of you who have tried it's your birthdate that keep's coming up as invalid).
It does it the American way i.e month/day/year not how we do it day/month/year. Hopefully it get's fixed up today.

Vid I forgot to ask them can they please post up how many member's we've got so far 

vidmar link said:
[quote author=WAMF link=topic=185975.msg308155#msg308155 date=1291165486]

Leave it with me?
Cheers
Vid
[/quote]
Hello mate,
The mrs and I are well. Settling into married life :)
Thanks for the reply and as usual, always happy and willing to 'leave it with you'.

On a side note, are you available to act as my proxy for the upcoming AGM?
I just renewed my Football Club membership last night. Called the leagues club, spoke to Beverley who was easy to deal with and it was a very quick process indeed.

Cheers,
WAMF

Yeah, no worries WAMF and thanks for letting me be your proxy at the FC - A note should be on its way to members for notification of the AGM which will be held at the Leagues Club on the 21st Dec - the note will include agenda and proxy forms (If others would like me to be your proxy for any votes please let me know either by private message or by my usual contact details if you have them?)

I'd imagine there might be some delays this year MF08, but in years gone by the membership stuff was sent out (from memory) just before Xmas and then another send out in late January-February. I might have those dates wrong but they'd be close. I imagine the new Membership person will be looking at this as a first up job.

Other than your ticket to the games Manly doesn't seem to offer much to its members. I am a member cause I want to support the club, but my mates who go to every home game with me aren't interested, they don't see any advantage by joining. Meet the players comps and coms basic merch wouldn't hurt to attract members. For example this year Roosters are giving every member a cap, scarf, keyring, lanyard etc. Its only basic merch but I bet people think "hey there is a bonus". Coupled with the fact they made the GF last year I bet their membership goes up significantly this year.

I work in Rugby League media, I also believe part of it is the "fly under the radar" mentality. Part of the reason Tigers have the biggest fanbase (not all members obviously) is because they are everywhere, they do appearances in public, are constantly on TV shows and get on the news for doing charity work. To gain new members in today's market you need to have an aggressive media manager coupled with someone to manage the marketing of the club to potential and existing members. Manly doesn't do this. The club needs to change its mentality in order to change the mentality of its fans and make them want to be a member of the club

I may be cynical but to me all those clubs that "market" themselves heavily look pretty laughable. Very common.

We're a much cooler brand.
That would attract me if I was undecided.

All the constant bullsh1t that other clubs do would turn me off. I'd feel it a little cringe-worthy if we were to act like them. I'm sure others would feel the same way. So there is no right or wrong. Difference provides alternatives.

Ben Wallace link said:
Other than your ticket to the games Manly doesn't seem to offer much to its members. I am a member cause I want to support the club, but my mates who go to every home game with me aren't interested, they don't see any advantage by joining. Meet the players comps and coms basic merch wouldn't hurt to attract members. For example this year Roosters are giving every member a cap, scarf, keyring, lanyard etc. Its only basic merch but I bet people think \"hey there is a bonus\". Coupled with the fact they made the GF last year I bet their membership goes up significantly this year.

I work in Rugby League media, I also believe part of it is the \"fly under the radar\" mentality. Part of the reason Tigers have the biggest fanbase (not all members obviously) is because they are everywhere, they do appearances in public, are constantly on TV shows and get on the news for doing charity work. To gain new members in today's market you need to have an aggressive media manager coupled with someone to manage the marketing of the club to potential and existing members. Manly doesn't do this. The club needs to change its mentality in order to change the mentality of its fans and make them want to be a member of the club

Did you not see this in your membership application?

http://membership.manlyseaeagles.com.au/membership-benefits/

The complimentary merchandise that you mentioned has been a usual part of membership for as long as I can remember?

Read my post earlier in this thread about the efforts the club and NRL have made to recruit new members - Unfortuntely if your friends can't be bothered then no amount of creativity or exposure will have an effect

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2