Members Vote of no Confidence - Current Board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

OneEyedEagle

Bencher
Not everyone may agree with me on this however :

Can a vote of no confidence by the current members be lodged against the entrenched board to have them dislodged. I believe this is the only way forwarded and how the situation can be resolved.

The members need to unite, challenge and demand of the current board that the situation be resolved otherwise notice needs to be given.

It appears to me that that all factions involved have their own agenda and have failed to listen to the calls and pleas of the coach, current members and fans alike. So if the board fails to represent the interest of its members it's then in my opinion derelict of its duties.

I cannot see why the current members cannot give notice of the intention to move a resolution to remove the current members of the Board from office, I am certain that it is written into the constitution of MWFC.

To be honest I am just sick of how this is being played out and members need to take the front foot and demand change.

It just sad to see that the good work of the past few years has been damaged and my only concern is that it will be a extremely difficult recovery from here as current owners and board members are unwilling to resolve their differences.

If you are a member of the Football Club you will have your opportunity to vote for the 2 elected FC members to that sit on the board.

If you are not an FC member then your post has no relevance and I would suggest that if you are passionate enough about the Sea Eagles to suggest  a no confidence vote that you make the effort to join the FCa and pay the $25 to ensure that your voice is heard.

I have a copy of the constitution but it is a couple of years old. It says members can call a general meeting if they have 5% of votes or 100 members. 5% would come down to how many current members there are.

Umm, so I have a Bronze Screaming Eagle membership at the moment, and from what I understand that does not include football club membership..

I've been looking through the MWSE site and I can't find a link about how to join the football club.. Can anyone help??

Nita, contact Manly Leagues Club, you can join the football club through them.

The only way that you can have a say in how the club operates is to be a football club member, it will cost you $25.00 pa, you will not get a hat, you will not get a key ring and you will not get a plastic footy, but you will get the chance to voice your opinion.

Of all the membership options that are available it astounds me that the football club only has around 600-700 members, because these are the only persons that can effectivley have an influence on change at board level.

I think its a bit early to be calling for an EGM just yet.
Petes right you need 40 names.

I think we should just chill see how the next few weeks pan out first.
This may all sort itself out.

Bob Reilly does view this site maybe we should start a thread with questions.
The blokes quite approachable im sure he wouldn;t mind answering our questions. Most likely in private rather than on a platform like this.

The Q&A is now open for all screaming sea eagle members. Get you questions in.

Don't you need to be a member of the football club for two years to have voting rights?

Addressing the question at the start of this thread - The board of 7 members works like this:

2 seats from Part Owner - Penn Family
2 seats from Part Owner - Surfside (Delmege Family)
2 Seats from Football club - elected by members of the football club - currently Kerry Sibraa and Phillip Deans
1 Seat from Manly Leagues Club - I assume he is elected by the members of maybe the board of the Leagues club - currently someone Bryant (Peter?)

Those who are currently Football Club members (and have been for two years) are eligible to vote in board elections - done at a meeting rather than by postal ballot - and I think without the possibility of being able to vote by proxy.

40 members can petition to have a extraordinary general meeting of the football club though I am not sure whether it is possible to constitutionally replace the two Football Club board members.

A meeting could ask the current board members for reasons behind their (reported) voting of the past and express a strong view to them, though I am not sure what else it could achieve.

Someone could certainly campaign to be elected at the next election but suggestions are that this would be very hard as the football club is said to be a 'closed shop'.

I would like to  know who on this forum are actually Football Club members?  List your names below;

As Cliffy has said, Bob Reilly and his board are VERY approachable.....they made  a special trip to the Brisbane game(and came along to an unofficial and  official function openly inviting discussion with fans) and spoke openly and honestly with any fan who asked them anything. They then came back two weeks later and were at the Gold Coast function / game on the weekend, again VERY approachable and happy to answer questions and I saw them engaged in conversations with hundreds of people over the two days.

I was very critical of them some time ago BUT (Cliffy back me up here please mate) they have been open / honest AND very supportive over the last month or so.

There were some issues they had (and I am not telling anyone anything they don't know already) with Grant and the 3 or 5 year plan. This has now been done and dusted and based on the amiable discussions I saw last Saturday with Grant and these guys I'd say everything is pretty calm, so don't believe waht the press says!!!!

So calls for an EGM may be a little hasty.

I am sure some of you guys will shoot me down in flames over these comments BUT if so tell me when you have talked one on one with Grant and Bob standing side by side and listed in to the conversation in the last few weeks???

As far as I am aware, Cliffy, myself, Vidmar and maybe Manlybacker where the only ones from last weekend that were there and I am sure they'll confirm there were no "guns firing" last weekend.

There may well be a lot more than meets the eye to this BUT as I say, an EGM isa little hastty!!

Yep lets wait until Mayer officially gets the arse and we lose our sponsorship $$, then we can call for an EGM

I am a member with voting rights. It frustrates me that so many people will complain about board issues yet that have never bothered spending the $25 to become a member. It is the only way that your opinion can be heard and also if you don't like something then you can vote against the encumbents.

To a point the football club is a closed shop, but that is because it is the same people that nominate and are voted in by their cronies. If you want change, become a member and then challenge the system, new blood, new faces and a new opinion is probably what is needed at this stage.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
As Cliffy has said, Bob Reilly and his board are VERY approachable.....they made  a special trip to the Brisbane game(and came along to an unofficial and  official function openly inviting discussion with fans) and spoke openly and honestly with any fan who asked them anything. They then came back two weeks later and were at the Gold Coast function / game on the weekend, again VERY approachable and happy to answer questions and I saw them engaged in conversations with hundreds of people over the two days.

I was very critical of them some time ago BUT (Cliffy back me up here please mate) they have been open / honest AND very supportive over the last month or so.

There were some issues they had (and I am not telling anyone anything they don't know already) with Grant and the 3 or 5 year plan. This has now been done and dusted and based on the amiable discussions I saw last Saturday with Grant and these guys I'd say everything is pretty calm, so don't believe waht the press says!!!!

So calls for an EGM may be a little hasty.

I am sure some of you guys will shoot me down in flames over these comments BUT if so tell me when you have talked one on one with Grant and Bob standing side by side and listed in to the conversation in the last few weeks???

As far as I am aware, Cliffy, myself, Vidmar and maybe Manlybacker where the only ones from last weekend that were there and I am sure they'll confirm there were no \"guns firing\" last weekend.

There may well be a lot more than meets the eye to this BUT as I say, an EGM isa little hastty!!
  Go back and read the letter Reilly penned to members in light of subsequent events.  It is bunkum. 

Yes quite agree Mata, that letter was crapville!!

BUT

When I was critical of that, on here and on MWSE to his credit he rang me and said some things that he couldn't put in the letter, and I gained a better insight into the board room happenings.

AND THEN

I then invited him to come and talk to fans and tell them the things he was saying to me and said he had to stop hiding behind the Football Club pettycoats....and to his credit he has done that...twice.

The board members came to Brisbane and the Gold Coast and have spoken to hundreds of fans and been very open...it wasn't a 'closed shop', they attended my no cost Brisbane get together which was well advertised (on here as well), as well as the other official club functions, so there were opportunities for everyone to have a talk!!

I am not siding with anyone, or any faction, I have good relations with Grant/ the Football Club / the Penns and have met Max a few times so I have no "boat to row".

All I wanted to get across was that in my opinion, a meeting to change the board is at this stage a little hasty, and in fact I don't even think an EGM would see this happen.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4