Members Match report

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Match Report: Qualifying Final
Eels 46 def Sea Eagles 22

The season is now over for the Manly Sea Eagles after falling to the minor premiers, Parramatta 46-22. Parramatta were far too strong from the outset playing some fast up tempo football that the Sea Eagles simply could not handle. Poor ball control and poor end of set options by Manly saw the Eels dominate field position and they were able to build pressure. As a result, Parramatta were able to race in 5 unanswered tries to go into the half time break with a commanding 28-0 lead.

To Manly’s credit they hung in there and were able to post some points on the board in the second half with Anthony Watmough scoring off a neat flick pass from Ben Kennedy. A great bust by Anthony Watmough led to Michael Witt crossing for a 4 pointer. Ben Kennedy then completed the scoring for Manly with 2 tries that came from chip kicks. Manly finished on a positive note outscoring the Eels 22-18 in the second half.

After the loss the Sea Eagles bid farewell to the following players; Sam Harris (Wests Tigers), Chad Randall (London Broncos), Scott Donald (Leeds Rhinos) & Terry Hill who after 246 first grade games has announced his retirement. Coach Des Hasler said after the game, “We didn't execute well, we turned over too much ball and when we got to the other end we didn't maintain any sort of pressure. I was pretty proud of the way the boys stuck to it. They were just too good for us on the day�.

Premier League

A disappointing performance from the Manly Sea Eagles Premier League side saw them go down to the St George Illawarra Dragons 52-12 in the semi final at Brookvale Oval. The match was well and truly in the balance at half time with the score 10-6 in favour of the Dragons.

However in the second half, Manly put in what coach Geoff Toovey said, “Was the worst half of football that Manly had played this season�. The Dragons were too strong for the Sea Eagles as they ran in 42 points in the second half. Best for the Sea Eagles was half back Travis Burns, winger Mitch Creary and interchange forward Mailangi Styles.

The Sea Eagles have another chance to rectify the loss when they take on the Canberra Raiders in the elimination semi final at Aussie Stadium on Sunday kicking off at 1.50pm. The Sea Eagles will go into the match confident after beating the Raiders in the final round at Canberra.

I wouldn't say that Manly hung on in the second half.

Parra were toying with us and knew that they had the games won in the first 40 minutes. In the second half they were already thinking about their next match and played like they didn't want to get hurt and miss the next game.

This made the scoreline look better than the true difference bewteen the 2 teams. It is a clear example of Manly not being competative because if it was a grand final then Parra would have beaten us by 70 points because they wouldn't have stopped trying in the second half.

The comments from ME for me really indicate the problems that manly have and that no-one should say that we have over acheived this year:

"In the past two years we have sufferred manly's 5 WORST defeats. Fact. This year we make less metres than ANYONE. Fact. We receive more metres AGAINST us than anyone else. Fact. Records have been ripped into us. Fact."

"did any other team get 72 points put on them last year?

Did any other team get 68 put on them this year?"

The way the team crumbled in the last 10 weeks of the competition to me indicates that there are internal problems in the team. They are not playing for each other which is a big concern.

Has anybody heard of any internal issues with Dessie or any players other than monagate?

Nothing with Des but there are mumours of a couple of players causing issues, one is the obvious one the other is on a plane to UK.

It is good then that one has gone already. Hopefully the other will be in a red and green jersey next year although after the past couple of months performances would anybody sign him up?

"Any problems in the camp apart from Monasgate"?

Here's a stab:

1. Monas has the ****s with the club.
2. The club has the ****s with Monaghan.
3. This makes Monaghan a dead duck leader.
4. However, they can't remove him because of the public outcry that would achieve and the club ownder doesn't want negative collateral at the moment.
5. Some senior players have the ****s with Monaghan and consider him a churlish little sook.
6. Junior players have tended to follow the example of poor role models, rather than good ones.
7. Some players developed a big head after personal rewards came their way in the early part of the season and have not put in the hard yards with predictable results.

(Hence a lot of the strategies put forward in my season post mortem)

I'd alos like to add that the "match report for members" is little more than a cut and paste of newspapers they'd have read from 48 hours before.

The club could do so much better than that.

I don't want to appear to put the boot in and in many ways the club is obviously tied in exactly what the report can say, but I have found these special reports to be of virtually no benefit whatsoever and more information is gleaned from the Monday papers. There was one report about 4 weeks ago that actually went beyond the normal and gave good information, but I can say only one fell in this category.

Well, they can't say they didn't have the opportunity to do something about it.

That this sort of **** continues is a debacle.

if I was the business owner I would would want results and nothing less for my money and wouldn't worry about a bit of bad publicity/public outcry.

\"Any problems in the camp apart from Monasgate\"?

Here's a stab:

1. Monas has the ****s with the club.
2. The club has the ****s with Monaghan.
3. This makes Monaghan a dead duck leader.
4. However, they can't remove him because of the public outcry that would achieve and the club ownder doesn't want negative collateral at the moment.
5. Some senior players have the ****s with Monaghan and consider him a churlish little sook.
6. Junior players have tended to follow the example of poor role models, rather than good ones.
7. Some players developed a big head after personal rewards came their way in the early part of the season and have not put in the hard yards with predictable results.

(Hence a lot of the strategies put forward in my season post mortem)

I'd alos like to add that the \"match report for members\" is little more than a cut and paste of newspapers they'd have read from 48 hours before.

The club could do so much better than that.
Hindsight a great thing but they should have released the **** before june 30 and brought burns up

As for witt i think the kid has alot more potiental than moaninghan

Cliffy, Are you saying that because of his comments toward Max or do you truly think he sux.
im sayin it because his whinging, monaing and bitching in the media has overshadowed the miniumal abilty he has both as an onfield leader and a nrl player.

DEADWOOD in my book

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4