Members Match Report - Round 19

  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Wheel
Premium Member
Match Report: Round 19
Dragons 36 def Sea Eagles 10
After a fantastic start by the Dragons on Sunday afternoon, the Manly Sea Eagles found themselves behind 24-0 following 30 minutes of play. The Dragons crossed for their first try after Mark Gasnier found space and was able to offload to Ben Creagh. The try was converted and the visitors took an early 6-0 lead. The Dragons were over again 6 minutes later as Clint Greenshields was able to break through some lazy Manly defence to record a 12-0 lead. Wes Naiqama was next to cross the line as he easily slipped through some poor tackle attempts from the Eagles, giving the visitors an 18 point lead after 20 minutes. The Sea Eagles had plenty of opportunities but were unable to crack the rock solid Dragons defensive line. St George’s next try went to Colin Best who was able to get up higher than the Manly defenders. A sideline conversion was successful and the Dragons increased their lead to 24-0. Right on half time Manly were able to capitalise on a fantastic attacking play that saw Brett Stewart toe on and dive on a Michael Monaghan grubber to put Manly on the scoreboard. Chris Hicks successfully converted and at half time the score was the 24-6.
Early in the second half, the Dragons looked set to increase their lead further but were unsuccessful as the video ref ruled that Matt Cooper had gone into touch. With 17 minutes remaining, Manly winger Chris Hicks pounced on another Michael Monaghan grubber to score in the corner to reduce the Dragons lead to 14. The Dragons secured the win after Luke Bailey crashed through the defence to score under the posts. The try was converted and the Dragons held a 30-10 lead with 8 minutes on the clock. It was not over for the Dragons, as Lance Thompson backed up to score with 90 seconds to go. Wes Naiqama converted the try to hand Manly its forth successive loss and second loss at Brookvale Oval this season. Des Hasler said after the match “It was a bitterly disappointing match. The bye has come at a very good time.�

Melbourne pair sign with Manly
The Manly Sea Eagles today announced the signing of Melbourne halfback Matt Orford for the next 4 seasons. Delighted by the decision, Manly CEO Pat Wilson said, “He is a welcome addition to our club and we are delighted he has chosen to become a
Sea Eagle from the 2006 season�. Des Hasler said of
both Bell & Orford joining Manly for the coming
season, “They are both outstanding players at the
highest level and they will bring a further injection
of professionalism and pride to our club.�

Lower Grades
It was a grim Sunday for Manly as Jersey Flegg and Premier League both lost their games against the Dragons. The Manly Jersey Flegg side were blown off the park by a very strong Dragons outfit. The Dragons produced 7 tries and kicked 4 goals in the first half of the match to take a convincing 36-0 lead at the break. The second half was similar to the first, as Manly were no match for the Dragons as they put on another 24 points to Manly’s 10. Reihana Peters, on debut for Manly had a great game and was Manly’s best. The full time score 60-10.
Manly’s Premier League side had a great start to the game to take an early 6-0 lead, but unfortunately this was short lived. Mistakes from the Sea Eagles handed the Dragons 9 straight sets and the Dragons capitalised on the Manly errors to take a 24-6 lead into the half time break. The Dragons went on with the game scoring 2 further tries after the break. A late comeback from the Sea Eagles via tries to Darren Peachey, Travis Burns, Mitch Creary & Jim Curtis saw Manly come within 12 points but unfortunately it was too late. The full time score 36-24.

Next Home Game
The Manly Sea Eagles will play the North Queensland Cowboys at Brookvale Oval on Sunday 31st July 2005. After a week off due to the bye, the Sea Eagles will be raring to go, so get down to Brookvale Oval and Ignite the Manly Spirit!

Manly Sea Eagles V North Queensland Cowboys
Brookvale Oval
Sunday 31st July
Gates Open: 12.15pm
Jersey Flegg Kick off: 12.30pm
NRL Kick off: 2.30pm

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
14 7 7 -50 16
14 6 7 13 15
14 6 8 -55 14
13 4 9 -126 12
14 4 10 -121 10
13 3 10 -129 10
13 3 10 -131 10
Top Bottom