• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
I rate Bellamy but they looked **** in the finals this season.

Having had the week off they should have been ready for the Warriors.

They had a remarkable season and have stuffed it by fizzing out.

I can't help but feel that they dropped out of contention after we bashed them in round 25. I think that game did alot of damage to their confidence.

Pittwater Legend said:
I rate Bellamy but they looked s**t in the finals this season.

I can't help but feel that they dropped out of contention after we bashed them in round 25. I think that game did alot of damage to their confidence.

They miss blair and are lacking forward power.......it is a bit of a worry for us next week will there forwards be too strong for us.....

I think this will the start of their decline, their big 3 getter older
And are sure to get Injured as they have had good injury free run,
No youth coming thru, like Many and Brisbane. They are
Gooooone

I don't share your concern mr seagles. I feel so assured of victory next weekend that it's affecting my excitement around the game.

Yeah they seemed to be flying along until they meet us in round 25, since then they seemed to have had their bubble burst. Against Newcastle even though they won they seemed off the pace and against a better team could have lost that game. Maybe it all caught up with them performing at such a high level and their reliance on only 3 players to make it all happen. That's whats great about Manly is that we don't just have a few big guns, we have DCE, Foran, Lyon and the Stewart brothers who are all play makers

Spuds Bodyguard said:
swoop said:
How about the desparate pathetic dive by Quinn.

It was hilarious. When he dropped to the ground the warriors player was at least 1 meter away.

Pretty sure that was Packer who gave him no more than a nudge in the ribs. Quinn is a huge cat, worth 4 Yow Yehs.

Jatz Crackers said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
swoop said:

It was hilarious. When he dropped to the ground the warriors player was at least 1 meter away.

Pretty sure that was Packer who gave him no more than a nudge in the ribs. Quinn is a huge cat, worth 4 Yow Yehs.

4 Yow Yehs and a Jarryd Hayne.

Pittwater Legend said:

I can't help but feel that they dropped out of contention after we bashed them in round 25. I think that game did a lot of damage to their confidence.

Actually when I think about it, you're right - they haven't been the same or the team we're used to since round 25. Yes, they should've been up for it after the week off. Anyway, good riddance to them.

Well said PL.

mr seagles said:
Pittwater Legend said:

They miss blair and are lacking forward power.......it is a bit of a worry for us next week will there forwards be too strong for us.....
No they won't don't worry they'll have no juice left.

Round 26, Roosters 40 Storm 8.....

Don't care who they rested; premierships winning teams don't get beat like this before going on to win the big one....

i knew it then that they ultimately wouldn't be a threat

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
mr seagles said:
Pittwater Legend said:

No they won't don't worry they'll have no juice left.
And manly gets an 8 1/2 day rest...... :)

melbin have been shyte every since we beat them up in brooky.

prior to the brooky bashing, they won a heap of games straight (even without origin stars). After the Brooky massacre they lost to Rooters, stugled to put away drug caslte then lost to the bros tonight.

swoop said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
swoop said:

4 Yow Yehs, a Jarryd Hayne and a Robbie Farah

Melbourne have scored an average of 2 points per game in the second half of their last five games.

And if they weren't up against a hopelessly out of form Knights team, they would have finished the season with four straight losses.

swoop said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Spuds Bodyguard said:
swoop said:

I'll raise you a Robbie Farah :p

i was saying to a co-worker earlier this week that if(sorry when) we win the grand final the 'play of the year' could be glen stewart fighting with blair leading to a season ending suspension for blair. they missed him immensely in the finals. we missed stewart also but had the players to cover for him

Pittwater Legend said:

Totally agrree. Round 25 was their GF and they got smashed - literally. The Broncs had theirs last week and I reckon the Warriors had theirs last night.

Yea, I've honestly been surprised at the Storm's last few on-field performances.
And even so, if they had won last night vs the Warriors I still would have rated them a more dangerous opponent for Manly in the GF than the Warriors.

Well done to them for the vast majority of the year winning many games well, taking out the Minor premiership and hopefully not cheating any books any longer.

But I haven't felt such pure happiness at a team losing in a top-grade sporting match for ages than I did in those last few mins last night.
Storm's Wooden Spoon odds for 2012 season just shortened from $5001 to $16.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE!

Storm didn't have the forwards to go all the way, our pack showed them up at Brookie and they lost their self belief. Also Slater turned on one of his error riddled performances last night........good night Storm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4