Melbourne Scum Clocked Off

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ayjay007

Bencher
Watching the game at home,I thought the scum clocked off after about 15 to 20 mins.Maybe they were concerned about injuries for next year.They certainly weren't concerned for injuries to our guys(who,by the way,ARE playing for something).Some of their early tackle options,when they realised they were in a no-brainer,were nothing short of school-boyish.I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the win,and my daughter was most upset when the scum scored and it could no longer be 40-0 again,but I'll reserve my opinion until after we play the comp leaders,and a team actually playing for something!

I agree, they were poor. Brett White lived up to his non-reputation. Lima and Hoffman looked like they could turn it around but it was really our forwards who realised their potential and snuffed out any hope of a comeback. Even Cronk looked like he was running on empty. Scum are a great team and that was a very solid win.

Apart from Ingliss I'm sure the other 16 didn't clock off.
Give us some credit. This was not the same team that played so poorly against Newcastle. Everyone had a go, and the tackling was fierce.
That's twice we've beaten the Storm. No other team can claim this achievement this season.

You can only beat what is in front of you. Good win to the boys but next couple of weeks will see whether we are contenders or pretenders.

mickqld link said:
You can only beat what is in front of you. Good win to the boys but next couple of weeks will see whether we are contenders or pretenders.

Yeh,agree.My thread wasn't bagging our guys,but just to be wary of next week,because I just don't think this week was a true indicator.Lovely win,and it was great to hear my daughter loving every time slater got monstered or smashed.She kept asking which storm players are the grubs.I love brainwashing my kid to be a sea-eagle!

Certainly won't go down as the most intense game of the year. The Storm never got out of second gear, didn't look like they were busting a nut to win. We put it to them early and they decided that they weren't that interested. Good effort by us, but not a premiership contenders type of game really.

I have selected the following cliche:
You can only beat what is in front of you...
Storm wanted to win, and Manly really aimed up, which they had to in order to make sure that did not happen. At half time Fox commentators were still tipping a Storm resurgence, they were certainly not out of it at that stage.
They had their top team of stars and if we let them get off to a good start they would have loved to put a score on us. To keep that crew to 6 points was a very good effort.
Gus Gould in SMH gave Manly virtually no credit for the win, but that's only because he is back on his hobby horse, slamming the NRL for what they have done to 'the best team in the NRL'. I agree with those who suggest his attitude to the Storm issue is the biggest signal that his beloved Rorters are also well over the cap.

I disagree guys. I reckon (honestly) we pumped them into submission. We looked scary last night, and we shouldn't detract from the performance.

Ryan link said:
I disagree guys. I reckon (honestly) we pumped them into submission. We looked scary last night, and we shouldn't detract from the performance.

I'm with you on this one mate.

Ryan link said:

Exactly, Storm turned up to play and the 20 first minutes of the game the storm were not throwing the ball around like crazy as they really wanted to  beat us. Once we put the points on them they did start to fall off a bit but we are the ones that put them in that position. Kudos to the boys.

torana355 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184549.msg282740#msg282740 date=1281225495]

Exactly, Storm turned up to play and the 20 first minutes of the game the storm were not throwing the ball around like crazy as they really wanted to  beat us. Once we put the points on them they did start to fall off a bit but we are the ones that put them in that position. Kudos to the boys.
[/quote]

Yup, basically, they got shell shocked a bit like we did the prior week. It happens to the best of them....and that showed last night.

Well done lads.

Tony I agree (in parts) and disagree, the Storm had a lot to play for....not points but pride and I think they tried pretty hard in the first half. They did fall off in the second half so you are partly right.

And I agree let's see how we go against the comp favs as we play them both before the end of the season proper.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4