Melbourne Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cletus

Reserve Grader
I backed Dunedan for a massive $10 but I had to let everyone know that Silvertails favourite horse Ironstein is currently sitting in 31st in the order of entry. I'm not sure if it's racing this weekend but it needs a lot of dropouts, a weight penalty (a big one) or an exemption to make it. Here's hoping.:p

Fro said:
lol, that could be worth an omen bet :)

thanks for the heads up.

Don't bet on it unless it somehow makes the final field! It doesn't look like it is racing this weekend so I don't think it can get an exemption, the only hope for it is if 7 or 8 horses above it drop out. Would be funny if it made it though:D.

No Ironstein,but I think the overseas raiders have our staying races worked out.Caulfield Cup '98 (Taufans Melody),and 08 (All The Good):Melb Cup 93 (Vintage Crop),02 (Media Puzzle),and 10 (Americain):This years Mooney Valley Cup,and the last 2 Geelong Cups.Not counting the numerous stayers Hayes had had over the years owned by Sheik Hamden (the royal blue colours),and sangster/packer/williams overseas dabbles.

I think Americain is almost a moral tomorrow. Way above the others in class. The weight could be a factor and being a 7yo doesn't stack up, but he is obviously going well, has that turn of speed needed and at $5.50 at Centrebet, $5.70 on TAB (with $1.7M already in the win-pool) looks outstanding value. There are plenty of good outsiders for the placings but I can see him winning by 3 lengths.

Good punting all.

This year would be about the worst field ever.

And what's really annoying it's just as hard to pick the winner. But those horses that are $50 and over should all be $200 shots as they have no hope at all.

1st and 3rd.Just missed the trifecta.Had a fair day overall.Thank goodness all the once a yearers put there millions of $1 bets on to get the prices up.Any other race,Americain starts $2 and Dunaden about $4.5.

The 'boss' got the winner. I couldn't believe Americain was last and widest on the turn with top weight but good effort. Thrilling finish for all places. On to Oaks Day!

Stick with 'Fiorente' here lads.

Others to look for include Lloyds horses 'Seville' and 'Tanby'. Soccer star Michael Owen is bringing out his recent Goodwood winner 'Brown Panther'.

Box them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4