Melbourne Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Merdy33

Reserve Grader
If you consider the race to the NRL premiership as equivalent to the Melbourne Cup, then it might be interesting to compare the teams as they round the bend heading into the final straight.

Dragons - has proved it can run the 2 miles, however has a history of flagging over the last 100 metres. Has led from the start, however the question still remains whether it has the character to see out the post

Panthers - a surprise packet which has kicked from the pack and is chasing the leader. However has struck some interference around the turn and needs to balance up before the final sprint. Has it peaked on its run?

Tigers - flashy young colt, however has won at this level previously. Has received all the favours in running so far and it remains to be seen whether its carefree style can grind out the big one

Roosters - many thought this ageing old mare was past its best after its last placing this time last year. But spurred on by a flashy young jockey by the name of Carney, is in good shape for the run home. Has it the class?

Warriors - the New Zealand import commenced its run some weeks ago, and is powering through the pack. However has it also peaked too early?

Broncos - the young colt from the proven stable of winners is nicely placed to swoop. Guided by the cagey Lockyer it could be a chance at odds

Titans - has faltered badly on its run and looks blocked at the moment. It will need a huge dose of its famous Titans luck in running to figure in the finish

Rabbitohs - the perennial pre-post favourite in some peoples' minds has looked at times like the winner. However it is back with the pack at the moment, and will need to pick up the pace to be a hope

Eels  - one of the pre-post favourites after its storming finish last year. Has been stuck back on the rails so far, however its effervescent hoop, Hayne, has pulled to the outside and commenced what will need to be a sustained run home

Raiders - the young mare from down South has attempted to match it with the leaders, however has tended to run into dead ends. But it appears to have got on the heels of one going forward and is primed to have a tilt at the finish

Knights -  was just checked badly by the Raiders, and it is hard to see it improving from here

Bulldogs  -  although it ran strongly in the race last year, it appears to be out of form and was just passed by the Roosters after a bumping duel. Unlikely from here

Sharks - sadly out of form and going backwards. Many feel it should be retired after the race, however has just transferred to a new trainer and may plug on

Cowboys - despite the best efforts of its great rider, Thurston, does not appear to be up to this class and will be among the last to finish

Storm - a swab taken pre-race has confirmed what many thought. It has cheated its way to the top over the past few years and has been disqualified from the race

And of course. The mighty Sea Eagles – has been just off the pace and was shuffled back in the field. However has just pulled to the outside, and if it can sustain its initial burst, may have timed its run perfectly. The stable knows that the race isn’t won 1,500m out and knows what it takes to win the big one.  A bit of luck in running may see it bob up when the whips are cracking.

Good one Merdy
Hopefully Des realises that the race finishes on the first Sunday in October and not the first Tues in November!!

I thought you were going to mention my Melbourne Cup, Four Nations Rugby League and Cricket 20/20 package when I read this heading??

By the way if anyone would like some information on this e-mail at [email protected]

Hope a free plug is ok guys???...bad luck if it isn't as it's already done

I agree that it was a good write up and well done
bravo1.gif
but as Dan has said on other similar quality write ups that you could have submitted it as an article to get more people viewing it.
positivo1.gif

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8