Melbourne Cup tip

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I had about 12 tickets involving Railings last year and put $50 on Makybe Diva as a just in case bet... i cashed in 1 ticket :D :lol:

the best tip i can give anyone who isn't really into horse racing but has the odd flutter during the spring carnival is to have a go on Eremein and Haradasun in any race they are in... both should feature heavily in whatever race they are nominated for

My list of ones to follow:

Agree with Nutz on above 2

Here De Angels (Could be anything, superstar in the making)
Lad of the Manor

Yeah agree.. here de angels is going sensational.... The Lad looks like he's not gonna be around abouts this year and has hit some cracking form.. good win of apache cat on the weekend

You can scratch Haradasun Nutz..

PROMISING colt Haradasun has broken down and will miss the spring.

The classy three-year-old, prepared by Aquanita trainer Tony Vasil, pulled up "not quite 100 per cent" following a sensational workout at Caulfield on Saturday.

After exhausting testing at the Ballarat veterinary clinic yesterday and today, which included dozens of x-rays, a fine crack was detected in Haradasun's near fore cannon bone ruling him out until next year.

The injury came as a shock to Vasil as early reports from the clinic were all positive.

However, Vasil is optimistic about the future and believes time will heal the big colt who will be missing for about three months before returning for the autumn.

"He's done a great job so far but it is frustrating as he had the Guineas at his mercy," Vasil said.

"Thankfully it was picked up though and he can return in the autumn.

"He has frightening ability, he's potentially a freak but we still have a horse."

By Fusaichi Pegasus, Haradasun is a half-brother to Elvstroem who won more than $5.7 million in stakes including the 2003 Victoria Derby, 2004 Caulfield Cup and 2005 Dubai Duty Free.

Haradasun suffered his first defeat in three starts when a desperately unlucky second to Golden Slipper winner Miss Finland in the McNeil Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield on September 2.

At his only other starts he won his race debut by 10 lengths in June and scored a stunning win in the Vain Stakes (1100m) at Caulfield on August 19.

Haradasun would have been a short-priced favourite for Saturday's Guineas Prelude (1400m) on his home track and had been set for the Caulfield Guineas and Cox Plate.

The colt was prominent in betting at $8 in most charts for the Cox Plate.

Ohhh DAMN!!!

That's a real shame.... this horse will be massive IMO.. have to wait til the autumn i guess.. dammit

Bookies must love Yeats. They must have pocketed close to $1/2M on news he ain't coming. One punter had $166k each way. A lot of dough to risk on a stayer having 12 starts on the soft English going.

They are talking $4M MB.......

Most of the bookies that fielded the bigger bets are looking set for a big Spring Carnival

Pay my call!

We may have a ringing goth attending the races with us but i told her if she comes to bring some friends because very likely she will tire of us and our drunken manliness very quickly :)

Boxing day. I wont be making Calufield.

She just got back from NZ where she was having a pretty hard time and couldn't escape! her ex took her passport etc.

So she asked if she could come, I reckon she will end up doing something else so it wont matter but if not I told her to bring plenty of friends and any hot ones she has otherwise she will hate it!

To get you in the mood for this years.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em-PsEhVlLU

She was a beauty, wasn't she??

Note: Lieca Falcon's run home.. wish he was running this year

Eremein out
Story By Jason Hickson

Monday, 9 October 2006: Eremein is officially out of the spring carnival and will go to the paddock.

Eremein - time has run out for the Cox Plate<br>Photo by Bronwen Healy
Eremein - time has run out for the Cox Plate
Photo by Bronwen Healy
Purchase this image

The one-time Tattersall’s Cox Plate favourite has been struggling with a muscle injury since trackwork last Saturday week but this morning owners Geoff and Beryl White confirmed time has run out to have him at his peak for the Plate.

The classy galloper worked sensationally in the Melbourne direction last Saturday week but pulled up short in his action and trainer Alan Denham contacted stewards with his concerns.

The exact source of the muscle injury has still to be determined as Eremein couldn’t be seen by leading vet Percy Sykes until later today.

Over the last week the multiple Group 1 winner has trotted and cantered and although improved hasn’t had a serious hit-out for over a week now. He was to have run in this weekend’s Yalumba Stakes as his final lead-up to the Plate.

With time ticking away fast the Whites have decided to finish Eremein’s spring carnival and concentrate on next autumn instead.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4