Media Silence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

conanu

Bencher
I find it amazing that so many of us on here are fuming with the Barrett and his coaching; Manly's season so far has been dismal, even the matches we have won have been rubbish apart from the Sharks win; Things aren't looking great.

Funny though not a peep or a whimper out of the media???

Looks like Zorba has managed to keep Barrett out of the papers as all of his cronies are leaving him alone. (as they should by the way)

But it sickens me to my stomach that Toovey was put through the ringer with a relentless negative media campaign by Zorba leaking piss weak stories every 2 seconds last year.

My discontent with the NRL machine grows stronger every week.

To be honest I wasn't a great fan of tooves as a coach but the constant white anting of him was shocking. Every time he was scheduled to be on TV the fat greek would leak some **** that tooves knew nothing about just to make him look stupid when he was questioned on it. It was designed to make him quit but good on him for tuffing it out & getting his payout.

It will be a long time before us fans forget the shocking treatment of tooves & some of our players. Ballin, Hiku & Gutho to name a few...
Contracts at Manly are worth jack ****..

I find it amazing that so many of us on here are fuming with the Barrett and his coaching; Manly's season so far has been dismal, even the matches we have won have been rubbish apart from the Sharks win; Things aren't looking great.

Funny though not a peep or a whimper out of the media???

Looks like Zorba has managed to keep Barrett out of the papers as all of his cronies are leaving him alone. (as they should by the way)

But it sickens me to my stomach that Toovey was put through the ringer with a relentless negative media campaign by Zorba leaking piss weak stories every 2 seconds last year.

My discontent with the NRL machine grows stronger every week.
I agree, i recall Rothfield putting out rumour stories that tooves was struggling even in 2014 ffs. We were basically top 4 until 7 injured in the semis.

I just wonder how long it will be before threads like this stop. I mean how many times do you want to say the same whinge over and over and over and over and over and over and over............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Zorba's involvement white-anting Tooves aside, my personal opinion is that as fans we might have had higher expectations for this season than the rest of the RL community.

Im not saying we had no right too, our team should be playing a darn sight better than we currently are, however, I distinctly remember a column from Matthew Elliot pre-season predicting our squad would finish bottom 4 and in no particular order; he wasn't the only one.

http://silvertails.net/threads/who-does-matt-elliot-think-he-is.48148/

Now I'm sure PeePee has his media contacts hush hush as much as he can control that sort of thing, but on the main part I honestly think Barrett isnt copping flack because he wasn't expected by the majority of the populace to do any better.

Maybe our expectations are too high, I'm not sure. Maybe we aren't even worth the newspaper real-estate anymore. Sad times.

Zorba's involvement white-anting Tooves aside, my personal opinion is that as fans we might have had higher expectations for this season than the rest of the RL community.

Im not saying we had no right too, our team should be playing a darn sight better than we currently are, however, I distinctly remember a column from Matthew Elliot pre-season predicting our squad would finish bottom 4 and in no particular order; he wasn't the only one.

http://silvertails.net/threads/who-does-matt-elliot-think-he-is.48148/

Now I'm sure PeePee has his media contacts hush hush as much as he can control that sort of thing, but on the main part I honestly think Barrett isnt copping flack because he wasn't expected by the majority of the populace to do any better.

Maybe our expectations are too high, I'm not sure. Maybe we aren't even worth the newspaper real-estate anymore. Sad times.
Conversely, Peter Tunks said yesterday that, with our roster, we should be doing much better. Laid it all at the feet of our coach who he thinks brought no qualifications into the job.

I just wonder how long it will be before threads like this stop. I mean how many times do you want to say the same whinge over and over and over and over and over and over and over............................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Maybe when we start winning consistently or even playing to a decent standard these threads will stop.

The thread title gave absolutely no indication of what the thread was about. If Dan can create a prefix which describes the thread as "Just another Bitch about Zorba: then I will happily ignore the thread.
I thought the word "media" might have been a clue

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8