MB's tackling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I recall last year getting a question at a trivia evening: Who made the most tackles in the regular NRL season? Naturally I blurted out 'Matt Balin' and was astonished to be told I was wrong. Turns out it was Kevin Kingston. When I disputed this I was told that the final series was not counted.
Robbed!

Stevo said:
I think it's worth noting that after 4 games he's made 186 tackles and is well on the way to breaking to 1000 tackles mark again. The man is a machine.

Yes, and most of his tackles are first in, real tackles and not just some flop at the end or grab of the leg to get the numbers up.

If you think many of our forwards were tired at the end of the souths and rorters games ..... imagine what they would of been like if MB hadn't made half their tackles for them.

anthonyb1965 said:
Such an important part of our team, "nivia" is a true Manly Champion!!!

Good lord! I hope that nickname doesn't mean the same as it did back in the 70's. What does it mean? Why is it so?

Thank you, thank you. I'm mostly concerned about by tipping technique and with only 6 points this week I need to lift! I can't be getting ahead of myself and it is just one round at a time. The end of September will be when all the hard work pays off.

Alan said:
anthonyb1965 said:
Such an important part of our team, "nivia" is a true Manly Champion!!!

Good lord! I hope that nickname doesn't mean the same as it did back in the 70's. What does it mean? Why is it so?

No Alan, Matty did a photo-shoot for nivia moisturising cream :)

The Who said:
I recall last year getting a question at a trivia evening: Who made the most tackles in the regular NRL season? Naturally I blurted out 'Matt Balin' and was astonished to be told I was wrong. Turns out it was Kevin Kingston. When I disputed this I was told that the final series was not counted.
Robbed!

sigh...another manly fan robbed due to the finals!!

MB must truly be exhausted after a game. Not only makes a ton of tackles, but every time he is in at dummy half....he throws his hands into the air as a 'come on ref, get them off him' motion.

Great player!

Such an underrated player (outside of Manly fans), he is one of those players that is only missed when he doesn't play (and that's pretty rare!!) or is off the field. He is one of those players that tackles himself into oblivion and has the attitude that you are not going to rip us up the middle.

Some people would want us to replace all older players sooner rather than later (like in the case of Gifty, same age). After all, Ballin is 30 and some may get nervous at the thought that if we retain an oldie like him, we may end up losing a younger player to another club.

Yes, it's madness. You'd want to keep the best and squeeze them till they are no longer the best. Then and only then, you'd replace them with somebody whom may possibly be just as good, in the future. Not whilst we have an existing player with great experience and ability.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2