Maybe this was the problem

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DSM5

First Grader
Roach can't get a gig at his old club. After three seasons 'coaching' our forwards, that perhaps says it all. Has he been replaced?

I dont believe he has been replaced one for one, but Tooves is now an assistant coach for first grade and should they run as hard and tackle like he did then our pack will be unstopable

Courtesy of the Foxsport website

Tigers great blocked from return
By Dean Ritchie
February 20, 2007

IT was to be his triumphant return to Wests Tigers but club legend Steve "Blocker" Roach has failed to nut out a coaching deal with Wests Tigers.

Roach has blamed himself for now being without a club to help coach in 2007. Instead, the ex-NSW and Australia prop will help with his son Liam's side, the Balmain SG Ball team.

It is understood Wests had spent its coaching budget before Roach had announced he wanted a return to his former club.

In November, Roach was quoted saying: "My heart has always been with the Tigers. I've been having talks with 'Sheensy' (coach Tim Sheens) so we'll see what happens."

But nothing did happen - and Roach blames himself.

"I'm a bit embarrassed that there was so much hype about me going back and it hasn't worked out," Roach said last night.

"I feel like a bit of a goose actually. It is the perfect example of counting your chickens before they have hatched."

Roach left his forwards coaching job at Manly last year in hope of assisting Sheens at the joint-venture club.

"It's disappointing. I wanted to help the Tigers out this season," Roach said.

"It didn't work out as I had hoped it would.

"I still have a burning desire to do something with the Wests Tigers and hopefully that time will come down the track. I'm still here if they need me.

"I would never bag the Tigers but it does hurt a bit that they didn't want me."

Roach confirmed he had met with Sheens.

"I had a meeting with Tim and thought we were on the same page," Roach said.

Good riddance to that absolute goose. His forwards failed, while he laughed at them. He promoted The Tigers while being an employee of their competitors.

His comments around not getting a start at the tigers appear to show his ignorance/stupidity IMO

He is a very stupid man, the Manly club should hang there heads in shame hiring that fool.

whois dumber the man or the people who put their faith in the man?

Exactly Dan...whoever interviewed and accepted this tool, should be stood down.
It would be like Corso Pete being hired by a terrorist group, when in reality, his job is to REDUCE risk etc. Doesn't make sense. A Tigers stripes never changes.

Sheens is a smart man.....Roach....well there is always the Lowes ads
Speaking of the Lowes ads have you seen the latest batch with Sirro Ryles & Beaver

Beaver looks like he just got out of the shower and forgot to brush his hair :lol:

[quote author=PJ]
Sheens is a smart man.....Roach....well there is always the Lowes ads
Speaking of the Lowes ads have you seen the latest batch with Sirro Ryles & Beaver

Beaver looks like he just got out of the shower and forgot to brush his hair :lol:
[/quote]

He knows everyone loves a wet beaver.

If Roach didn't have a job lined up at the tiggers to go to then it sounds like he was punted from Manly otherwise why would he leave without having somewhere else to go to?.

Appearing in Lowes adds - I guess that is the first sign you are about to retire

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4