Maybe after Sunday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
*The commentators who write Manly off right up until the final hooter on Sunday will give some credit. I have a feeling they will bandwagon with "you can never write this Manly team off, I knew they could do it, big match players."
*They will redirect the Dally M awards to the correct recipients.
*Toovey can collect his best coach award after coaching a team containing several discards from other NRL sides & a group of old men to victory.
*Taufua can also have his rightful prize after several 40 metre kick returns beating 2-3 player each time & scoring a hat trick in circumstance where the average winger would end up tackled into the grandstand.
*There will be a few unsung hero's join the rep teams including Lawrence & Taufua.
*The haters confess this gutsy Manly team deserves all the credit it gets.

Theres plenty more things to add here......

It never gets better than being written off.....year after year after year.

I read an article after 2011 where (Paul Kent I think said) when are we going to learn to
a) not write Manly off
b) stop hating them

because we and the players thrive on it.

And it's so true.

Nothing is going to change after Sunday, as envy is their psychological state :cool:

Manly is all for us to enjoy - we don't have to share them with any blow ins at GF time :angel:

“Envy is for people who don’t have the self-esteem to be jealous.”
― Bauvard

Let them do what they want with the Daly Ms the best revenge is to hold the trophy and that will make those experts look like amateurs.

I'll just be looking forward to post premiership celebrations that aren't ruined by a coach departing :)

I tell you what it feels different this year. In 2011 the papers and everyone were going on about the hate for Manly and that everyone should be getting behind the Warriors. However, people I have been talking to over the last few days are behind Manly 100%. Not sure if its because there is a shift in perception or they hate the Roosters more. Either way I would prefer to be hated.

Chooks 2013 version are the classic example of trying to buy a premiership. SBW, O'Donnell, Maloney, and Jennings. Which accounts for the luke-warm regard for them.

As for Manly, the media have to do the odd story on our fellows this week because there's only one match and we're in it. However 48 hours after our GF win we will be forgotten and ignored once again. And by the time 2014 is approaching there will be many reasons to discount our claims, no doubt!

I would like Manly to win the thing first.

But HM makes a valid point.

*liberal sprinkling of emoticons here*

In reality there's two types of supporters

1) Manly supporters
2) And everyone else who deep down wish they were!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
In reality there's two types of supporters

1) Manly supporters
2) And everyone else who deep down wish they were!!

3) And those others too ignorant to realise they should.

What i hate is the whole ageing team

I had a quick scan and we have 3 -4 players over 30 (including choc who is 30) 2 of which are kingy and Joe

There seems to be a confusion between a consistent team v age

Take a look at this (hover over the player name for age)

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/team/nrl/18/manly-warringah-sea-eagles/

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7